“Comfort food :)”
Review of Rosendale Cafe

Rosendale Cafe
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Rosendale
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I wandered over from The 1850 House on my first night in Rosendale after a lengthy drive last May. I should have posted a review then, but quickly got caught up in all the things I had on my agenda for a too-short visit. I chose to sit in the quirky little garden out back. It got a little chilly toward the end of my meal as the sun went down, so I'm a little sorry I did that, but oh boy was the food good. And way too much of it (if that's ever possible). I had the sesame noodles -- not very adventurous because I was tired and just wanted to tuck into something cozy. It was much better than I expected, with really strong flavor and perfectly done noodles. The young woman who served me was very pleasant and welcoming. I look forward to trying more from their menu.

There are newer reviews for Rosendale Cafe

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Rosendale Cafe" has a definate Hippie Vibe. If you don't mind a long wait for delicious home made style food, this is the place to go. The setting is a former main street store frount, High ceilings, big glass windows with a view of Main street. The food is very good Vegetarian fare. Ravioli of the day, Vegi chili, Home made soup, BBQ Seitan .unusual fresh salads, home made vegi-burgers, burritos, bean abd rice based main courses, and stupendous desserts.There are always many specials if the regular menu isn't enough. Several local, and micro brew beers are on tap or bottle. Several decent wines are also available. There is music on the weekends; somtimes a major name plays in this intimate setting

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We arrived 9ish on the Thursday night and the local salsa fans were dancing like crazy to a DJ. They were ALL surprisingly good--we wondered where the beginners were hiding. I had lentil soup which was far too salty. My daughter had a veggie Reuben sandwich which she thought was tasty.

The salsa music was too loud for us to speak comfortably and we ended up getting hoarse from trying to yell over it.

1  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The quality of the vegetarian food was awful. The decor was shabby. Service was very slow. You would be lucky to get the wait staff to pay attention to you once you got your food.

1  Thank Olivia H
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Whether you're driving through Rosendale in need for a bite to eat or wanting to hear a dynamite music act on the weekend, the Rosendale Cafe's approach to serving up food and music is awesome! I especially like the roasted eggplant, red pepper and pesto sandwich.