1850 House Inn & Tavern
Roosevelt Inn(Hyde Park)
$89
$93
$85
All reviewshudson valleyrail trailtrailways busevery amenityfirst floorcommon areassitting areaour home away from homestay there againrecently stayed heresmall hotelnice breakfastspent nightschecking outeach morningfdr homeculinary institute of america
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I can only echo Pasq222's comments after my wife and I spent a wonderful night this weekend at the 1850 House. Charming, every detail carefully thought out, that great tavern downstairs with both guests and fun locals: this B&B has everything you need for a getaway. We knew the area from staying in High Falls this past summer and it was interesting to see it in winter too. A cozy inn to come back to! Will make this a yearly ritual now

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andyBK_11
Amy S, Manager at 1850 House Inn & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! Can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The 1850 House is the perfect spot for a weekend getaway from the big city. It's all things New Yorkers love most: it's friendly, welcoming, and is a great value. Its located in a sweet little town filled with artists, good food, even a vegan bakery. I had a room with a view of the river and trees, had an IPA at the tavern and chatted with some locals, and enjoyed a delicious breakfast that is complementary with the room. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Best of bed and breakfast and hotel. Very clean. Incredibly friendly and accommodating owners. Also includes a small pub which is nice if you want to unwind at the end of a day. Very comfortable common area to relax in as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank asdf524
Amy S, Manager at 1850 House Inn & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have been to many hotels around the world and I never felt such a warm wonderful feeling as I did when I stepped on to the porch of 1850. Once inside it only got better! From Amy at the front desk to Ben behind the bar to the owner Mike the warmth and kindness abound!!. The rooms are stunning and while it remains a historic tarven and house the rooms are decked out with all the amenties that you need and want while being so clean and so put together and the bed was to die for, I swear the sheets for 500 count or better!. I was up there with my son for an art show and we had a two bedroom two bath suite that was complete with a sitting room all done in rich woods . And the rest of the hotel is the same you feel like the whole place is there for you to relax and use as if it was your home. It is in a wonderful small funky town and I can not wait for the warm weather so I can go back and do some hiking . I would recommend this hotel 100% without any hesitation, there was nothing I can think of to complain about except maybe aspirin in the room because I had so much fun at the bar haha but I think Mike said he would look into that.

Room Tip: all the rooms are stunning no worries no matter what youpick.get you will not be dissapointed!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I had plans to drive up to Rosendale NY for an overnight visit to see our son. We were looking for a room for the evening and my son recommended the 1850 Inn. As always, we went straight to Trip Advisor to research the property and the reviews were all unanimous in rating their stays as 5 stars. We checked in late afternoon and met Amy at the front desk who gave us a tour of the Inn and walked us to our room, which was a nice touch! After unpacking we headed down to the tavern where we met barkeep Joe. A friendly outgoing Californian who engaged us in conversation and made sure we were well taken care of.
Mike who is the owner came over to say hello and gave us a history of the Inn and walked my wife around to further explore the restoration. Quaint is a common word we use to describe an older property that has been fixed up but it does adequately define this building. The Inn represents the effort of an owner to get the little things right. From the hospitality of the staff to the photos and the rooms, no detail was overlooked in restoring a memory from simpler times where people connected with each other through personal conversation and not texting how they are LOL (laughing out loud!) According to our son the town of Rosendal is in the early stages of a resurgence and there is no better example of this effort than the 1850 House Inn and Tavern. Thinking of heading back up during the holiday week and are already looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family