“Great Food! Great Fries!”
Review of The Bywater Bistro

The Bywater Bistro
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Rosendale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Francisco, California
“Great Food! Great Fries!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We ate dinner on the outdoor patio. The ambiance was great. The food was very good. The fries were awesome!

Visited May 2014

Virginia
“Absolutely charming”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I notice that for some reason, I neglected to post a review of this great little restaurant during my visit to Rosendale early last summer. I'm going again this year and actually planning my too-short stay around the Bywater Bistro's days/hours of operation! Yes, it was that nice an experience. The food was imaginative, flavorful and perfectly presented. I dined by myself, and appreciated the attentive service I received -- not always something a solo diner experiences. The view from my table on the deck out in back was of their extensive garden, which I strolled through after dinner, just before sunset. So pretty, with lots of intriguing little touches well worth taking the time to notice.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Rosemary_VA
Stone Ridge, New York
“Rude Owner with a Bad Attitude”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I went here three (3) times … specifically to try one (1) item on the menu. I was there late afternoon … maybe 4:30pm or so. Each time I went they were out of the dish I wanted to order.

I questioned the owner as to why they never had this dish. The owner was VERY rude calling and proceeded to argue with me about how many times I had been there.

Bottom line, he had no right to talk down to me and argue with me over a simple question regarding why he never had the dish I wanted to order.

He went on to explain he had "supplier issues" …

The food the other times I was here was just OK … not great.

I got up and left without ordering … and I will never go back to this place again.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank RBFILMS
Rosendale, New York
“love the cabbage salad”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I live in town and this is one of my go to ~ love the cabbage salad and garden ~ great place to eat before the movies ~ out door dinning is soo nice ~ enjoy

• Visited September 2013
“Wonderful food; need to work the kinks out of the service”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were in Rosendale for the weekend had dinner at the bistro both Friday and Saturday nights. One night we sat outside on the deck and one night in the garden. On both nights the food was very good (mussels, chicken, steak and pork chops with different chocolate desserts). The only drawback was that the service was very slow.

• Visited June 2013