“Great place, time and time again.”
Review of Red Brick Tavern

Red Brick Tavern
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Rosendale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My family has eaten here on several occasions, with large parties, and small. Reservations are a MUST. It is impossible to walk into this restaurant on the weekend and get seated, even for a party of two. Service and food are always excellent. It is not a quiet place, which works perfecly for bringing children, although we never dine later than 6pm with them. Great size portions, great service and drinks. The specials are always excellent. The only negative thing I have to say was about the most recent time we were there. We had 5:30 reservations with family we hadn't seen in a while, and so we didnt order right away as we were chatting. My husband overheard the hostess tell our waitress numerous times that we had to order, or we had to leave and huffed when we all got dessert. We left the restaurant at 6:45pm after 3 courses. It bothered my husband that we were rushed, but every other time we have been there this has not been the case. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Excellent!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

A restaurant that I had high expectations for & would highly recommend to anyone until this night, Friday, June 13, 2014 turned out terrible. While entering the restaurant, the hostess became very agitated & rude and asked us if we had a reservation & when we responded with no, she stated well I have a table available (mean while there was about 5-6 tables open) will you be done eating in 2 hours because I have another table to seat. The 4 of us sat down at the table waiting for about 15 minutes for service. After ordering our food, one person at our table ordered a sandwich & when he received the sandwich there was hot mustard on the sandwich (it was not specified on the menu what condiments would be on it) when he told the waitress that he did not like hot mustard, she said "I will make you another one." When he replied, "No thank you I'm okay." she walked away. We sat there throughout our whole meal without being asked if we wanted another beverage. After receiving our check, the waitress brought over a takeout container & stated. "The owner would not honor your meal, so I wrapped it up for you." When we asked to speak with the owner, she refused to come & speak with out table, so the waitress came over with another check & took the sandwich off the bill. After leaving the restaurant, the same hostess who was rude from the beginning, followed us out to our vehicle, with the takeout container & made a comment about the tip we left (apparently she didn't think it was enough) she continued to walk towards the dumpster & threw out the takeout container (which she could have done inside the restaurant) & began to say how we had such great service & didn't like being told that we did not have good service. She then proceeded to walk into the restaurant & turned around, clapped in our face & went inside. I will never step foot in this restaurant again. The hostess was beyond unprofessional. If you would like to eat at a restaurant with horrible service & rude, unprofessional people, this is the place for you.

3  Thank jackie s
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Rustic ambience, varied menu (though a number of the meals sounded like a similar preparation with a different protein), more than ample portions, good service and affordability generally make for a nice evening out with friends. That would be the case at the Red Brick Tavern in Rosendale, which clearly is a "local" place. The downside for me was the noise level. It was so loud on an early Sunday evening that I found myself straining to hear our friends, finally resorting to lip reading! Fortunately, the noise level subsided after a while, and that made a big difference.
Reservations are definitely recommended, regardless of the day of the week.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We had made a reservation earlier in the day & when we arrived that evening we were seated promptly. The setting is casual & relaxed. The menu at Red Brick has so many amazing items to chose from. I had a hard time deciding because each time a tray of dinners went by our table, I kept thinking "Wow, look how good that looks". Our waitress was very pleasant & service was good. The restaurant tends to be pretty loud. It's not a quiet romantic type place, so if that's what your looking for this isn't it. It is however a great place to go with friends & family.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

The place is always busy for dinner and you must have a reservation. I think it is so popular because we live in a small town and it is a good value. Some of the food is very good, like the Lobster Ravioli. They also have Prime Rib frequently. It is so big and not always cooked to order which I know is hard to do.