“Quiet and rustic, good value for the price”

Reynolds House Inn & Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roscoe
Reynolds House Inn & Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Roscoe
San Diego, California
“Quiet and rustic, good value for the price”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Stayed in the motel which was a bit rustic, sort of like the 60s. The rooms are a little small but clean. It is very quiet and very little trafffic on the highway at night. They had free wi-fi and cable and it all worked well, so they are up to date and the price was very reasonable. It was a good deal in my book and better than staying in one of the chain motels in Liberty which is a 20-30 minute drive away and 40% more expensive. The veranda runs across the front of the motel rooms with chairs to make for friendly conversation with your neighbors. Lou the owner is a jolly guy who likes to sit on the front porch and chat with everyone about their day. My only disappointment was that breakfast was not included. Lou said there were not enough guests to make it worth while which took me back a bit, since the motel rooms were full. I don't know about the B&B rooms in the main house, but that should not matter. I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank merlot1234

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 14, 2011

A perfectly lovely step back to simpler times and very comfortable beds. The host Lou was delightful and very welcoming. We were travelling with our dog and he made us feel right at home. We will definitely be back. Very clean rooms and wonderful knotty pine floors.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelleranddog
Bucks County Pa
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We have stay here many times 11 years and 3 owners. Beautiful rooms. This time was a little different one queen bed available because none of the other rooms had been cleaned no coffee or breakfast in the morning owner said with only two rooms rented out it wasn't worth it I would have thought any guest would be worth it after all it is a B&B right. The owner said sorry about the smell but his cat was srayed by a shunk the day before said not to worry it isn't in the room but oh yes...it was. Not much choice of where to stay in Roscoe so we will be back hopefully the shunk will not.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank rickpenne
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Several members of my family traveled from PA, VA & MD to attend my brother's surprise birthday party. We decided to stay at the Reynold's House - 12 of us stayed there and had a wonderful time. Four rooms in the Inn and 2 in the motel. All slept well on the very comfortable beds. The motel was rustic, but everything you need and comfortable. As I read in several of the reviews before making my reservations - Lou & Sue were wonderful hosts. Lou even lent us hairdryers and gave my husband a toothbrush since he forgot his. Truly a delightful place to stay.The also include a Continental breakfast. We'll go back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Margaret S
Essex, Connecticut
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Lou & Sue were wonderful hosts. The rooms were very simple, & clean. This area is absolutely beautiful. We'll be back!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lillydog3
North Babylon, NY
Reviewed September 5, 2010

With plans to attend a wedding in Youngsville during Labor Day weekend, we hoped to find an affordable and comfortable place to stay. Based on previous reviews on Trip Advisor, I called Reynolds House to find out availability. After my conversation with Lou, I knew we had found the right place. The night we arrived, we had stopped at our friends' house to drop off desserts for the wedding. It was getting rather late and I called to inform Lou and Sue we were on our way. Lou told us to take our time and enjoy, and arranged for us to find our key whatever time we arrived. We stayed in the Gwendolyn Room in the house. It was very clean and very comfortable. After a rested night's sleep, we went downstairs to a nicely presented continental breakfast, and were greeted warmly by Lou. We then met Sue and we all had a wonderful, warm and friendly conversation before getting ourselves together for the wedding. I highly recommend Reynolds House if you're looking for a clean, comfortable and very hospitable place to stay.

Thank you to Lou and Sue for making our stay so pleasant!! :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Dorothy T
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed August 3, 2010

SORT BY: Most Recent | Positive | Negative | Most Helpful
Highly recommended!By KBF-KVet, 08/03/10My wife and I stayed in one of the motel rooms 4 years ago (2006) and in 2 of the house rooms this year (2010). We thoroughly enjoyed the experiences. The rooms are very clean with very comfortable beds. We stayed at a nearby motel and the mattresses had the comfort of a sack of potatoes and the pillows were like footballs. We slept like babies in the Reynolds House rooms. The biggest bonus was the owners, Lou & Sue. They are extremely friendly, accommodating, and fun to hang with. The room rates are, in my opinion, very reasonable. Although you can pay less in other motels that are nearby, you'll "pay" for the lower rates in other ways. I gave 5-star ratings to all categories except for location and room, to which I gave 4 stars. This is because the inn is very close to a main street that runs through Roscoe. It can get quite loud when trucks and/or motorcycles cruise by. However, traffic lessens at night and we never had trouble falling asleep, even in rooms in the front of the inn that face the street. The house rooms we stayed in were small, with small bathrooms but, I have no complaints. Overall, I give the Reynolds House a 5-star rating

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vet1run
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roscoe
Best Western Monticello
#2 of 3 in Cochecton
The Inn at Starlight Lake
The Inn at Starlight Lake
#2 of 2 in Starlight

Been to Reynolds House Inn & Motel? Share your experiences!