See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2018

We stay often here for the following reasons:
Sheena has always provided a room, even when summer sellout was on.
The staff is A1, meaning they go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as is possible.
A special note: This particular Rodeway is extremely underrated with any "star" rating website.
When you need to stay in this area, this is The Place. You will not be disappointed.

Room tip: Be accurate with how many are in your party.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

We needed accommodation for the time of the US Open to travel to Shinnecock Hills. Since we couldn’t afford to pay Hampton prices we stayed at the Rodeway Inn for nine nights.
Just be aware of the huge traffic jams going east in the morning due to the “Trade Parade” and back west in the evening.
The room was sizeable but smaller would have been better if it had helped to keep it cleaner.
The toilet didn’t work properly until the last day; it was flushing throughout.
Breakfast contained toast and cornflakes, ham and cheese, and coffee or tea.

The Hamptons were incredible though. Southampton, East Hampton, Sag Harbour, Coopers Beach to name but a few impressive places. Watching the golf was a treat and we also travelled to Manhattan from Ronkonkoma by train. This is any easy journey to Penn station in about 90 minutes.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
uzair s, Manager at Rodeway Inn MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear that you had good time with US open and sharing traffic updates was a good idea.

Property CHI
uzair
rodeway inn

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

I flew from the uk to spend a day with my friend before I travel to LA. I had booked a room at the hotel, I had the confirmation email and active account on booking.com however the manager was rude and told me that my booking was cancelled and to walk to another hotel because he was full. He spoke to me like I was something he had stood on. When I explained I had proof my booking was active he told me he didn’t care and I couldn’t change the fact he was full and to go and find another hotel. Do not travel far to come here because it’s a dive anyways plus you might be turned away for no reason other than the manager decides. After a 8 hour flight, a airbus and a Long Island rail road I was so tired and I spent the rest of the day trying to find another hotel costing a fortune in taxis. Stay elsewhere honestly don’t risk it

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
uzair s, Manager at Rodeway Inn MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Dear Nina,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey.

We found your reservation cancelled through Choice Hotels main system on August 24th. We are very sorry that we could not get you a room since we were sold out for that day.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback.

Kind regards,

uzair
rodeway inn

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Booked here months before visit and closer to the date a note appeared saying "smoking room" which i never booked. I cancelled and booked again. No mention of smoking room but when signed up and arrived i. e. paid, we got a smoking room. The room must have been a smoking room fir decades because the smell was overwhelming. My son was physically sick twice during the night. Absolutely disgusting. Felt completely stitched up.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Allan P
Reviewed July 31, 2017

My hotel down the street had messed up my reservation, and this place was the only available one in the area. Very basic, but clean. The bed was ok, and the bathroom adequate, but everything is cheap....towels, bedding, TV, etc. I will say it was fairly quiet, and my car was conveniently parked right outside my door. I didn't try the free "breakfast" offerings. There were 2 problems I had was when we got there the deskman tried to put us in a smoking room, claiming he told me that was his only room when I had called....that was not true and he ultimately found a non-smoking room. The other problem was that while that room was supposedly a non-smoking room it sure didn't smell that way! But it was cheap for my two night stay, so you get what you pay for. Probably deserves a 2-star, but I'll be generous.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom J
uzair s, Manager at Rodeway Inn MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Dear tom,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.