“Excellent shuttle service”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Excellent shuttle service”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

There is not much noteworthy about the hotel, the rooms are ok. But what worked really well is their shuttle service to the Islip airport and to the Ronkonkoma train station. It makes traveling into New York so much easier. Parking was also free. The front desk staff was nice, got me free cold breakfast after enrolling me in their Choice program. For a business traveler, I didn't really notice if anything else was wrong with the hotel amenities.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
boston, ma
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed here this weekend and the place was awful - damp moldy smell everywhere - the rooms were dark and smelled - our first room had a broken toilet - there was a pool that was empty and looked like a bad movie set - with people hanging out in the courtyard smoking pot!
Just awful - do not stay here
I tried to go to the website and hit the button "comment on a stay" and all it does is route you to a way to reserve another stay.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is a good room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank janiedelaney

Travelers are raving about these Ronkonkoma hotels

Duxbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I just came back from a 2 night stay at the Clarion and was horrified. This hotel is absolutely disgusting and when I went to the front desk to complain..... all the person could say is "I am so sorry we are shorthanded in the housekeeping department". No wonder this hotel has difficulty keeping staff. I will never stay at a Clarion again after this experience. The hotel was dark, musty, smelly, filthy, and noisy. The sheets were like sleeping on fine sandpaper, bathrooms had no ventilation, toilets did not flush properly. Ice maker did not work....My son had major problems with his asthma (allergic to dust mites and roaches).
I came home and literally left my suitcases outside.....shaking out my clothes before they went to our washroom. This was one of the worse hotels I have ever stayed at in my life! I would have rather camped outside.... The Clarion Hotel should be ashamed of themselves... Kara H

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank baseballmom2014
Holbrook, New York
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The room was horrible, not clean and the window was broke. Not somewhere I wanted to stay with our 2 children after a family party. We went down to complain and they wouldn't refund our money. We were better off staying with relatives cramped in one bedroom !! Will never stay there again, even though our family lives nearby!!! Don't waste your money!!! NEVER will stay there ever!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank TessD44
Bethlehem, Connecticut
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I am and Engineer and do work at independent test labs near MacArthur Airport. My employer had me staying at the Hilton during my first trip in March. I checked out one day and realized I had to stay a day longer. I could not get back in the Hilton. I looked around and called the Clarion and they said "come on over... when you are done .... we have over 200 rooms". I was working late and didn't get there til about ten that evening. It was too late to have dinner in the restaurant part so I joined the bar area. Mary Ann in there is so friendly and let me order anything on the menu right at the bar. She is the kind of employee who smiles and learns the names of the repeat customers. She makes you feel at home there and the food is really great for a Hotel! The bar is beautiful and clean with karioki on Tuesday evenings. I only eat at the bar now! It is obvious some people are there every week and share their lives with Mary Ann. I can hear her talking to a customer about their last trip to see their daughter ...... etc. When I told the lady at the counter Ashley, about coming over from the Hilton and really liking it at the Claarion, she gave me Choice Preferred status and is just a sweet heart of a young lady. After coming back the next trip, I met Bobbi Cute upstairs on the mezzanine...with drinks and vegetables and dip, chips and some nights a hot dish. Bobbi is a natural host and I keep telling her she is spoiling me by picking up after me. Bobbi knows the return customers by name and is part of the reason the Hotel is like a home away from Home. Bobbi will talk to everyone about their problems and family etc. It is a like a little family over there at the Clarion.

I told all three ladies why I ended up at the Clarion on my first trip. It is the warmth and sweetness of Ashley, Bobbi and Mary Anne that keeps me coming back! Prices are great and I feel like a "king" there. In the morning the continental breakfast is free .... and Bob serves you coffee in the restaurant with promptness as though you are paying handsomely for breakfast... he and Victoria greet you and make sure you are happy with the morning's first meal.

Some times something unfortunate happens in our lives and we find a better path.... I found it at the Clarion and now will only stay there when I have to do business in this area.

Room Tip: I like sleeping upstairs on the second floor but there is some weakness with the Wi Fi up there.. I...
City
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Very much overpriced for what you get. Other than a pretty lobby, this was more like a very basic motel with minimal amenities.

The corridor was noisy, and with the thin walls, the noise from the corridor reverberated through the room all night. Bathroom was tiny, pillows were rock-hard. The thin walls and the noise in corridor all night made it impossible to sleep. The day of our stay, they ran out of coffee for the room and had none at the front desk either - annoying.

On the positive side, room was clean, and hotel is close to airport and highway.

1 Thank frequentravelertwo
Flanders, New Jersey
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Thank you Victoria and Sandy for the great job of getting food/beverages for 5 baseball players and their parents in a short time period so they could get back to their next game. This was also done when the computers were down.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronkonkoma
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!