Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
$129
$122
$109
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for over 15 years when I travel to the Ronkonkoma area of NY. There are numerous hotels in the area. I choose to stay at this hotel because of the people who work there, namely Bobbie in the hospitality room along with Frank and Maryanne in the bar area.
The hotel has flat screen TV's, the bathrooms are small and the beds are comfortable and clean.
Because of Bobbie and Frank, they make my trip more enjoyable and relaxing. The food in the bar area is quite good as well. Tuesday nights are Karaoke night. The French Onion Soup is the best ever.

Room Tip: I would try to stay in the 100 or 200 room range. That is the only part of the hotel I ever stayed at. I don't know about the other rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TBRD113
Anu C, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear TBRD113,

We thank you for staying with us and thank you for being such a loyal guest of our property. I really appereciate all you business.
I am glad that you have always enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, Bobbie and Frank are great workers. I will pass on your regards to bth o them.

Please continue to stay with us and kindly let us know if you beleive that an improvement is need so we can make it better for future guests.

See you at Clarion Hotel soon.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

It seems like it's several buildings, joined together by jury-rigged prefab causeways. I was there for a convention and the trek from my room in the back to the function rooms was a long one. Not to mention difficult to figure out at first. And no elevator. It's only two floors so this isn't a huge deal, but hauling the luggage up and down was a pain. Function food was mediocre but the breakfast I ordered from room service was a cut above average; I appreciated the onions and peppers in the home fries. And they were quick. Bar prices were reasonable and the bartenders were friendly. The room was perfectly acceptable, with a microwave and a "cooler" which is sort of a fridge. Not special but perfectly fine. I got an $89 event rate which is a very good deal for this area. I felt I got my money's worth; if I'd paid full price I might not have been so thrilled. Location is a little out of the way, there wasn't much around it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Julie M

Dear Julie,

We thank you for staying with Clarion Hotel & Conference Center.
This hotel building was built long time ago and was built with convienece in mind. The property does have 2 seperate elevators. I am glad you enjoyed the room service and overall you enjoyed your stay.

I also thank you for your feedback and will share it with our superiors and see if any possible improvements may be made. Please know your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last week. I was hesitant about the reservation after reading all the mixed reviews. I had booked through hotwire and tried to cancel the reservation but they told me they would not move me or cancel until at least went to view the hotel. The first thing I asked was to check out a room before checking in. The room was very nice large king-size bed pullout sofa desk and chair with new carpeting and a big screen TV. I decided to accept the room and my wife and I stayed for two days. I heard no noise from the hotel's bar restaurant. The staff at the front desk were friendly and courteous. I did not eat in the restaurant however it looked clean and nice and they did serve free coffee every morning for anyone who is interested as well as a free newspaper. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay there again without any reservations. I only paid $174 for two nights nowhere else can I find a room nearly as nice without paying at least $100 $250 more. I stayed in countless hotels this is as nice as you could expect for the money and nice even if you weren't considering the money. Book with confidence you'll be satisfied I'm sure.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Anu C, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear CBOWVBO,

We thank you for booking and staying with us. It gives us imense pleasure after we learn that our guests left happy and satisfied. We as the hotel staff feel rewarded.

We thank you for hank you for taking the time to complete online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please let us know when you decide to visit us again and we will make your stay even better than before.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

A group of us took our kids to the Dr. Who convention this past weekend. The rooms were clean and roomy enough. Unfortunatley the restaraunt was only doing buffet meals because of the convention. We had to cross a busy parkway to get to Applebees for lunch. Besides that the hotel was fine. It could have used a small arcade for the kids.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Casalnewyork,
We thank you for booking and staying with us at Clarion Hotel. It pleases us to learn that you did enjoy your stay. Also I see that you did not have a good time with food at the restaurant. Even though we have good reviews on our restaurant I can understand that you did not enjoy the buffets.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I would like you to come and stay with us when you visit the area next time and also would like to extend a credit of $25 dollars to our Brickyard reaturant when you book directly with us.
Please know your satisfaction is important to us and we will make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The room are adequate. I was staying on business for an extended time. Beds were comfortable, rooms clean and bathrooms well stocked. The staff....oh my, the staff!! I was only there for a day when everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, called me by my first name. Bridgette at the front desk was even able to make me laugh when I came in at the end of a very exhausting day. Jackie, Joe, at the front desk were also a blast. Professional, yet not stuffy. Always a smile. I never had the opportunity o have the breakfast as I was usually up and out before 6:30 but I would gladly pass on that as long as I didn't have to pass on the "free light dinner" offered Mon-Thurs evening between 6-8 pm. Bobbi, the hostess, is an absolute delight and top notch. Once I was seated she refused to allow me to lift a finger, practically waiting on me hand and foot! Service and attention like that just doesn't exist anymore! She thoroughly enjoys her job and it shows, as I sat there and watched her greet each guest by their first name, chat with the and made them feel like they were welcomed home after a long day on the road, The rooms are nice, food is good, location is extremely convenient and easy access, really. But the staff.......PHENOMONAL AND TOP NOTCH!!!!!! I truly hope Clarion and the owners know what a rare gem they have!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Anu C, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Hello Lynchgirl,

I am glad that you had a good time during your stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time for your online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.