“Convention Stay”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
Reviewed November 13, 2013

A group of us took our kids to the Dr. Who convention this past weekend. The rooms were clean and roomy enough. Unfortunatley the restaraunt was only doing buffet meals because of the convention. We had to cross a busy parkway to get to Applebees for lunch. Besides that the hotel was fine. It could have used a small arcade for the kids.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Anu C, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Casalnewyork,
We thank you for booking and staying with us at Clarion Hotel. It pleases us to learn that you did enjoy your stay. Also I see that you did not have a good time with food at the restaurant. Even though we have good reviews on our restaurant I can understand that you did not enjoy the buffets.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I would like you to come and stay with us when you visit the area next time and also would like to extend a credit of $25 dollars to our Brickyard reaturant when you book directly with us.
Please know your satisfaction is important to us and we will make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The room are adequate. I was staying on business for an extended time. Beds were comfortable, rooms clean and bathrooms well stocked. The staff....oh my, the staff!! I was only there for a day when everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, called me by my first name. Bridgette at the front desk was even able to make me laugh when I came in at the end of a very exhausting day. Jackie, Joe, at the front desk were also a blast. Professional, yet not stuffy. Always a smile. I never had the opportunity o have the breakfast as I was usually up and out before 6:30 but I would gladly pass on that as long as I didn't have to pass on the "free light dinner" offered Mon-Thurs evening between 6-8 pm. Bobbi, the hostess, is an absolute delight and top notch. Once I was seated she refused to allow me to lift a finger, practically waiting on me hand and foot! Service and attention like that just doesn't exist anymore! She thoroughly enjoys her job and it shows, as I sat there and watched her greet each guest by their first name, chat with the and made them feel like they were welcomed home after a long day on the road, The rooms are nice, food is good, location is extremely convenient and easy access, really. But the staff.......PHENOMONAL AND TOP NOTCH!!!!!! I truly hope Clarion and the owners know what a rare gem they have!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Anu C, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Hello Lynchgirl,

I am glad that you had a good time during your stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time for your online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Truly the rooms are not to be bragged about... Autumn Gold bedding...really?. As a Platinum Choice Privileges Member, I was insulted that only a the "Cold continental" breakfast was included with my room (Catch up with IHG and Hilton Honors). This was especially angering as the "free buffet" was intermingled among the "Upgraded" meal items...making one feel as though breakfast is a sneakily contrived income strategy. Frank, Dave and Marianne in the restaurant/bar were each, welcoming and made me feel like a "Regular", even though this was my first visit to this property. What redeemed this hotel more than anything else though was the Choice Privileges Lounge, which opened every evening between 6P-8P, Monday - Thursday night (I left Friday morning, so not ware whether they opened Friday evening as well). Bobbi, a warm, personable vibrant woman went out of her way to ensure every guest's comfort. The complementary food and discounted drinks were much appreciated, and got me over the whole breakfast issue easily. But the fact that Bobbi welcomed me by name, remembered my drink, provided great conversation and was equally so with everyone I witnessed her encounter was what solidified my decision to return to this hotel. She along with the other staff members I named made the difference here; They ought to know how important they are.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Anu C, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Itzyourmove2,
Thank you for taking time to write us a review. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I truly value your comments, all the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement needed. I would also like to let you know that your satisfaction is important to us and we are making several improvements to ensure an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I would like to offer you $50 dollars credit at our Brickyard Bar & Grill on your next stay with us. Please know that we will have hot breakfast ready for you when you give us another chance and book directly with us at the hotel. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I paid 71$ a night trough Hotwire for 2 nights on Labor day week-end!!!.For the price I found this hotel very good!Saw many airline people taking a night here.Nice pool ,nice room everything was perfect,staff nice too.The hallways was a little dirty because in 3 days I didn't see anybody vacuuming but room service was impeccable
I understand frustration from people who paid 189$/night for same room but you have to go online these days not straight to hotel reception desk..For that money I'm sure you expect much more but for 71$ I was more than satisfied with conditions and room cleanliness.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Anu C, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Sanicco22,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. The hallways are cleaned daily and the missed day was addressed to the housekeeping department so its not missed again. We hope to see you again soon!
Operations Manager

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Clarion. It was very comfortable, clean and convenient location. Nice restaurant in building too. Beds were comfortable and it was relaxing, They had a party room downstairs and even being on first floor we never heard the sounds,

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Cy W,
Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon! The hotel will be renovating all of the rooms and we are having a sign right outside the hotel which would be visible from a distance.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The hotel can be a little hard to spot from the road. However, upon entering you are in a nicely appointed lobby. The staff is pleasant and very helpful. The hotel needs some work to upgrade its appearance but the rooms are well appointed and comfortable. There is an outdoor pool, 24 hour gym and restaurant/bar.
If you are a Choice Rewards member they provide a free drink and a 10% off a meal coupon. Also, Monday through Thursday they have a meeting area for rewards members with a light meal and drinks between 6 - 8 PM with a very personable host.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Hello,
Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon! We are having a sign outside the hotel which will be visible from a distance.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This place needs a lot love and care and a big money infusion.
The entrance to the lobby could not be found from the road in the dark. Trees are covering it.
It's a big hotel that needs painting and a basic clean up on the outside.
The lobby is big and the desk people were friendly . There is a little store were the lady running is very friendly.
The Brickyard Bar and Grill is nice and the breakfast was good and plenty.
The rooms are from the last century. They were clean , the beds were good but the bathroom needs some serious upgrade. So tiny you could barely turn around and just old and beat up. I am sure that for that rate one can find a better place

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Steyr 946,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Please know your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Also please know that the hotel will be renovating the rooms very soon and bathrooms will be updated as well.I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronkonkoma
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!