“A nice place to stay”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
Long Island, NY
“A nice place to stay”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The hotel can be a little hard to spot from the road. However, upon entering you are in a nicely appointed lobby. The staff is pleasant and very helpful. The hotel needs some work to upgrade its appearance but the rooms are well appointed and comfortable. There is an outdoor pool, 24 hour gym and restaurant/bar.
If you are a Choice Rewards member they provide a free drink and a 10% off a meal coupon. Also, Monday through Thursday they have a meeting area for rewards members with a light meal and drinks between 6 - 8 PM with a very personable host.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Anu C, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hello,
Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon! We are having a sign outside the hotel which will be visible from a distance.
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This place needs a lot love and care and a big money infusion.
The entrance to the lobby could not be found from the road in the dark. Trees are covering it.
It's a big hotel that needs painting and a basic clean up on the outside.
The lobby is big and the desk people were friendly . There is a little store were the lady running is very friendly.
The Brickyard Bar and Grill is nice and the breakfast was good and plenty.
The rooms are from the last century. They were clean , the beds were good but the bathroom needs some serious upgrade. So tiny you could barely turn around and just old and beat up. I am sure that for that rate one can find a better place

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Steyr 946,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Please know your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Also please know that the hotel will be renovating the rooms very soon and bathrooms will be updated as well.I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed here two nights in August 2013. The lobby was clean, and check-in was fast and easy. Front desk folks were very pleasant. The room was clean, the hotel was clean and quiet. The bed was wonderfully comfortable. The only "complaint" is that this Clarion doesn't include breakfast, but I knew that going in. I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarieCWTA
Dear Marie CWTA,

Thank you for taking the time for your online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
connecticut
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This former Holiday Inn was recently taken over by Choice Hotels and operates under the Clarion name. As others had suggested this place is a true dump. Why any respectable hotel chain would put their name on this property is beyond comprehension. I am involved with a travel baseball team and our group somehow got booked into this place so I cancelled my reservation at the nearby Marriott. What a mistake. The place is right out of the 70's with the original phones and all. In fact the phone in my room didn't even work. The room was supposed to be non smoking but my clothes still have the stench of tobacco on them from the room and hallways. My son found large bugs in his bed and the staff could care less. To add insult to injury the rate they charged our group was higher than those at much better nearby options such as Marriott and La Quinta. I could go on and on but my simple advise is to avoid this place at any cost. My advise to Clarion is to knock it down asap and start over.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tricar
Dear Tricar,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Also please know that we are renovating this hotel and all the rooms will be updated in the near future. The hotel is also changing the wiring system that supports the phones in some of the rooms. Your complaint was addressed.I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center

Travelers are raving about these Ronkonkoma hotels

Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding last weekend. This hotel is in dire need of renovation. The carpet in our room was damp and pulling away from the floor where you could see mold growing under the carpet and in the walls. Tiles were loose in the bathroom and there was no ventilation. Hallways and stairwells were damp and musty. Good location but unless the hotel is completely redone do not stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Megan S,

Your feedback was addressed and the mold issues in some of the rooms was resolved. Please know that all of the rooms will be renovated and updated.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us. We are making improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Memphis, TN
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Clarion at MacArthur Airport was formerly a Holiday Inn. It is supposedly smoke-free but the place smelled of cigarette smoke in the hallways as well as when first entering our room. The hotel has a nice lobby but the rest of the facility needs major upgrading. The carpets are well worn and look dirty. We had a room with two beds and the room was very small. The furniture was crammed in and the bathroom was very tiny. There was little space to move around in the room.
Cleanliness seemed fine. I saw nothing that jumped out at me about the housekeeping but I didn't do the white glove test either.
Noise was a problem. You could practically here the footsteps of anyone walking down the hall. Any conversations held in the hallway seemed like they were in your room.
The location of this hotel works well if you need to operate in eastern Long Island. Close access to the LIE and LIRR.
Overall not the best hotel I've ever stayed in. I wouldn't make this my first choice when returning to the area in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. MojoRising,
We thank you for staying with Clarion Hotel & Conference Center. Before this hotel became Clarion Hotel it had smoking rooms as well. As you know that smoke smell does take a little time before its gone completely. However, we have taken all the possible measures to resolve this issue and have succeeded. However on behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Please know your satisfaction is important to us and we will make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
New York
Reviewed August 13, 2013

this place has really gone way, way down hill- I have stayed here in the past, like 10 years ago and it was ok. Not so much any more- place is run down, halls smell like pesticide and my non-smoking room smelled as if someone was smoking a cigar in it just before we checked in. Seriously try to find another hotel- this place is gross- I had to stay there- all other hotels in the area were sold out and I needed a place to stay on my last minute visit to long island- not worth the $169/ night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gary L
Dear Gary L,

It hurts us when our gusts are unhappy specially when a guest had stayed with us in the past and had comeback and compares it. Please know that we are renovating all of our rooms and will have an improved product. This hotel had smoking rooms before we switched to Clarion Hotel and now its a non-smoking hotel. However, the smoke from the tobacco does take some time to go away. However, we have done our best to cure this issue as its an important issue to be fixed. Gary, on behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Please know your satisfaction is important to us and we are making improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronkonkoma
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!