“Don't stay here, it's not worth the $”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
Seattle, Washington
“Don't stay here, it's not worth the $”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I'll make this as brief and informative as I can.
I had booked this hotel through priceline and thought I was getting a good deal at $110 per night (usually around $150 per night). We tried to check in around 3, but they had lost our reservation and seemed confused about how to proceed. The two guys helping us kept complaining to each other about how much they dislike their jobs and how they should have been allowed to go home; not very professional. After 30 minutes at the front desk we were finally given a room.
While walking to our room we saw quite a bit of trash spread around the hallways, and leftover food room service trays still laying on the ground. Upon entering the room we were both hit with a strong smell of stale cigarette smoke, and the carpet was definitely damp throughout our stay. The room wasn't dirty, but it wasn't clean either. The bed was comfortable, but we both noticed that we had gotten multiple bites from something in the bed. It wasn't bed bugs, but something else. We stayed her three nights and each day we had to get our key cards redone because they weren't working.
Ultimately this is a $60 hotel trying to charge much more than it's worth and pretending to be a $150 hotel. Don't stay here, there are much better hotels in the area for comparable prices.
On the plus side, the room was quiet and the location was convenient.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, stay on the second floor. My relatives got a room on the second floor and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Anu C, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Jason S,

I must apologize to you for the sour experience you had at our hotel. However I would like to explain few things. The fact you saw empty trays with some left over food is because we are a full service hotel. Guests do leave trays after use in the hall ways and we have a periodic clean-up and pick up and you happen to see them when you had checked in. So far the keys are concerned they do get demagnetized once you have visited a store along with the keys.
So far the FD staff is concerned ....please know that we did action and reprimanded them.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we are making improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I would like to think of myself as an equal opportunist, but in light of our recent stay at the Clarion/ old Holiday Inn in Ronkonkoma Ny, I feel it necessary to state my concerns. I was traveling to Long Island with my family, (husband, and three young daughter ages 4, 5, and 6) and had booked at another hotel originally. But when that fell through we ended up finding a room at the Clarion for $189. We had no choice since the island seemed to be sold out due to events going on. When we arrived my husband and I gasped as we pulled up to the front to find a near 7ft male completely dressed in drag. Now again, to each his own. I can surely bypass him by using another entrance I figured. So I sent my husband to check in and as I look in the lobby I see 5-7 more "ladies" walking through the lobby. Now I was trying to figure out how to explain to my children if this is unavoidable... Well my husband checked us in and as we walk to the front of the hotel I hear yet a different "lady" explaining the difference between a "transgender, trans sexual, and bisexual" human being... (In quite a deep and loud voice I might add) definitely caught the attention of my justifiably curious little girls... So we tried to just lead them to the hallway where our room was and we walk past another meeting space with open doors to find MULTIPLE males dressing for what I was told to be a "transvestite fashion show" and standing there in nothing but nylons, heels, bras and wigs... THAT I can't explain to my children. Once we got them to our room it only took minutes to decide we were leaving. The beds were sloppily made, cobwebs were behind the doors and the adjoining door to another room didn't look like it was safely able to lock anyone out if wanted. I had my husband take my kids out to my car and I went to speak to the front desk regarding checking out. The young lady I spoke to didn't in anyway ask what was wrong or why I was checking out despite the fact that I had JUST checked in, instead she stared at me blankly and asked if I wanted my money back... So I of coarse said "yes" and she got a manager. The manager however didn't even take the time to make eye contact with me or try to do any damage control... She said no charges had been posted and that I was free to go... Really?!? I can not believe how uncaring the front desk staff was or how unconcerned they were by us leaving. Now I hold nothing against the event being held or them renting out space for whatever reason. But I felt we could've been advised of different entry points or at least warned when we checked in if not when we booked on the phone that it might not be suitable for small children. Instead of staying the night, we cut our trip off early and just went home to Pa. This hotel was a disgrace and no wonder they lost their Holiday Inn flag. I will never be back. And I would appreciate some sort of response from management regarding our disgraceful almost stay.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Startinova7104
Dear Startinova 7104,

I know you did not have a good experience at our hotel and for the fact you had your little kids with ....I can understand how difficult it must have been for you to answer them when asked questions upon.
Please know that we are a hotel providing lodging and also we have banquet halls in the hotel. People do book for their parties etc and we are very careful not to hurt any ones's sentiments when they are guests at our hotel.
We have internally discussed that all the banquets will be moved to the basement level so either of the party is not bothered.
However on behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations Please know you satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback and have made improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center

Travelers are raving about these Ronkonkoma hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronkonkoma
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!