“Not too bad”

Brickyard Bar & Grill
Ranked #48 of 68 Restaurants in Ronkonkoma
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Four friends and I went to the Brickyard for lunch simply because it was convenient for us and we wanted to try this relatively new place. Two of us are retired and the other two are still working and we meet for lunch 3-4 times a month. We arrived just before 1pm and the place was empty. All during lunch we were the only people there. We asked about that and were told that it was crowded on Friday evenings and also karaoke night. I'd have to see it to believe it.

Anyway, we found the food to be average to good. For appetizers we had nachos and half an onion loaf. Both were tasty. I also had a bacon cheeseburger with fries. The fries were pretty good, but the burger was overcooked after I had asked for medium rare. Aside from the "fixins" it didn't have much of a taste. However, two friends had chicken francese and enjoyed it. The other had a wrap and said it was so-so. Service was good, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't seeing as how the waiter only had us to worry about. The only reason we would return is if one or more of us didn't have enough time to drive further from his work.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I did not know places like this still existed. It was probably the worst restaurant experience of my life.

My wife and I were in town for a wedding and those who were from out of town decided to meet for dinner. When we first arrived we waited 15 minutes for the server to even ask us if we wanted a drink. Then it took another 20 minutes to get it. I ordered the Chicken Piccata. When it finally came the sauce was gelatinous and I could not tell the difference between the chicken and the mashed potatoes.
I could go on and on but it's not worth the effort.

Bottom line is to avoid this place at all costs.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Staff are not very accomadating nor do they feel your food should be as you ordered the bartenders on friday night should find a new job they do not serve with a smile or let you finish a drink before taking it away and not replacing

1  Thank Eileen R
Reviewed July 6, 2012

And bring your parka! The place is dead -- but it IS a hotel restaurant...specializing in "brown food" but they keep it at nice crisp 58 degrees.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I was there on a weekend where there was a wedding and some kind of convention, and the place was absolutely packed. They had a live band and everybody was having a good time. There were only two bartenders working probably 100 people and they worked their butts off. They never stopped moving, and were always cleaning up or checking if anybody wanted something. In most busy bars it's hard to ever get a drink, but here they were very attentive and efficient.

The restaurant side was run really well too. I had lunch and dinner there and was served quickly.

1  Thank Rick355