“Cant say I tried the food...”

Smokey Bones BBQ & Grill
Ranked #28 of 66 Restaurants in Ronkonkoma
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Cant say I tried the food...”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

No one ever approached our table after waiting for 20 mins. The place has a huge sign outside claiming to serve till 2 AM...in huge letters. We arrived on a Friday night shortly after 11 PM, seated ourselves in the VERY busy bar area and tried in vain to flag down a server. Even going as far as approaching the bar to wave down a bartender, to whom I was invisible. (I'm 50, the average age of the clientele that night seemed to hover closer to 25) We got fed up and walked out.

Ronkonkoma, New York
“Your Average place to Eat”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The service is friendly, and like any good chain restaurant, their menu is big with a lot of options and is reasonable in price. Their food is on par with most chain restaurants. The ambiance is nice and the atmosphere has somewhat of a Lodge type feel to it inside. The Bar is spacious and offers a lot of Beer on Tap which is nice.

Overall, If your looking for a quick bite to eat, this location may be nice. It is right off Exit 60 of the Long Island Expressway. The place could use some better drink specials to compete with other local chains....

Dallas, Texas
“I ENJOYED THIS RESTAURANT”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I saw the reviews, I had the prime rib with mash potatoes and macaroni and cheese for an appetizer I had the fried cheese balls. I loved all of it, the people that waited on me were very enjoyable. (I did have to stand at the door for a little bit before being acknowledged and they were not very busy) I love mac and cheese and theres was delicious, never have tasted one that was so wonderful.

Augusta, GA
“Horrible Service”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I usually don't like to write bad reviews but I feel like I need to let other people know my experience for my take out order. I was staying at the Courtyard Marriott in the same parking lot as the establishment, walking distance <50 yards. I placed a call, which should had been my first indicator, I was on hold for nearly 12 minutes. She took my order and told me it would be ready in 20 minutes. By this time it was 7:05 and was over there at 7:25 if not just a couple of minutes before hand. I ordered a Pulled Pork Sandwich, Sweet Potato Fries or sticks or whatever they call them, and a garden salad with Ranch dressing and a diet coke. After waiting for 10 minutes for her to check on my order she came back and told me that my order was ready that they were just waiting on my salad. Really? So this means that my hot food was going to be cold because it had been sitting there for for 10 minutes waiting on my salad to be made. (How hard is it to make salad?) So after another 10 minutes she brings me out my food and then she goes and gets my Diet Coke. I would had thought that she might had brought it out first. So while she is getting my Diet Coke I check my fries, yep there cold. So she said sorry they had been sitting back there for a while I will have them make you a fresh batch...Really? So I leave the restaurant at 7:55 and went back to my room. The sweet potato fries were hot. But not good at all. I won't be ordering them again. The sandwich was OK. It probably would had been great if it was hot. But at this point I was just ready to get my food and go back to my room and eat. By this time I was starving.

• Visited February 2013
Holbrook, NY
“Typical not-quite-fast food”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Homogenized national chain style food. Not bad. Nothing special though. The Brunswick Stew is good for lunch. So are the turkey burgers and pulled pork. Not REAL BBQ. How do I know? If you can't smell the BBQ cooking on a wood fire from outside, then it is not real BBQ. Maybe it is "liquid smoke" that gives the BBQ the smokey flavor. Friendly service. Again, nothing particularly great but not bad.

Visited December 2012