“Couldn't ask for better!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
Catonsville, Maryland, United States
“Couldn't ask for better!!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The staff at this hotel is wonderful! The GM takes pride in the hotel and it shows! Looking past the amazing colors of the entrance way, I was immediately greeted by Thomas who was exceptional. The room was always very clean. The restaurant staff, Mike, Alex and Isongbe were all exceptional as well. They all went over and beyond to make sure I was satisfied and taken care of while I ate in the dining room or bar. Would definitely recommend this to anyone traveling in the area. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Stop by the front desk and see Thomas about any of you travel needs and also Mike in the Bar; He wil...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chase S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Patchogue, New York
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have been staying at this HGI 50-70 nights a year since it has opened. The hotel is now better than ever. Even though the hotel is in little Ronkonkoma, NY ... The staff is world class. The management team has done a magnificent job in hiring and training. The front desk staff is fantastic. Say hello to Pete and Mike at the bar. The hotel is consistently very very good. Guests are treated like family.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank T R
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Excellent stay even though the hotel was completely full, the service was great. Location is a bit odd (adjacent to what appears to be an industrial park off of 495/LI Expressway. Hotel is modern, with full service restaurant and bar. Quiet location. Free parking, Nice, modern interior.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bobeana
henderson nv
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Within the last few weeks-5/12-I had the opportunity to stay at your Garden Inn in Ronkokoma, NY and was treated like a queen. I felt like I was home & your staff really cared about my stay being comfortable. Tom & Rose at the front desk took special care of me-and made my stay complete. The rooms were clean & the breakfast was excellent. I will always make my reservation when on Long Island here!!! Thankyou for going above & beyond Tom & Rose!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor are closer to the pool-but upstairs on the 4th floor is quieter!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ny
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night for my friends wedding that was about 10 minutes away. Everything was great, especially the staff. When I put on my dress, the entire zipper broke (about 15 minutes before I was going to head to the wedding) and I went to the front desk to ask for some safety pins. A girl named Theresa (she shortened her name, but I cant remember what it was) took me to the bathroom and safety pinned the entire back of my dress! She was awesome and totally went out of her way to help me out. She even dropped one of my items of clothing back in my hotel room because she knew I was running late. She also found me a nice black blazer to wear over the dress!!! She really saved the day! I would definitely recommend this hotel. PS - the rooms have the BEST pillows ever!!

Room Tip: I had a room near the elevator and it was a little loud during the day but it wasnt really a big pro...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Earlier this year when I stayed here there was barely enough water coming out of the sink to rinse a toothbrush. Now this has been improved. The remodelling is nice and the hotel looks great. The beds are very comfortable and this place is an overall good value.
Next on my wishlist is that I'd want the desks to allow for a bit more height underneath. Most hotels are like this however. I am over 6 feet tall and in most hotels I cant fit my knees under the desk in order to get any work done.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ern1206
Manchester
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I have stayed at the Ronkonkoma HGI at least once a year, on business from the UK, since 2007. Each and every time I would rate my stay as being 100% and struggle to think of any remotely sub-par experiences. The highlights of my stays over the years have been:

- excellent food/bar area. great atmosphere, friendly (but not over-bearing) staff
- great breakfast options, again waiting staff are brilliant
- reception team are efficient, friendly and 100% helpful. On one occasion my girlfriend was with me for two days. She had to get to the railroad station during the day, whilst I was at work. Unfortunately the bus driver wasn't at work that day so the hotel PAID for my girlfriend's taxi to the LIRR station. You simply do not get this at other hotels
- complimentary coffee, cookies in the morning/afternoon are a really nice touch
- rooms are homely and comfortable, the beds are excellent
- good proximity to Applebees and other resturants
- business centre is excellent and very useful

I've stayed in much more "upmarket" hotels than this, but the HGI in Ronkonkoma/Islip is my favourite hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronkonkoma
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport? Share your experiences!