“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
Viera, FL
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 19, 2009

This was our first time staying at this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised. We got the room for $134/night through AAA and that included free breakfast in the morning. Normally the breakfast is $10/person. Breakfast was a hot buffet with fresh omelets and waffles. The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was friendly. The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub, as well as a very nice patio/courtyard out back with a fire pit. That was a great spot to hang out with friends while we were in town. I would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I selected this hotel at the last minute from the airport kiosk and was pleasantly surprised. The shuttle came right away, which was great as I arrived fairly late, the staff was warm and friendly, and the room was comfortable and clean. They have a small indoor pool but it was well kept and not crowded. A couple things to consider is the shuttle has limited hours so early morning and late night flights require you to get a taxi, which seems to be the case with most hotels on Long Island. Also, there are just a few restaurants within walking distance and this hotel charges for its breakfast. But I would definitely stay at this hotel again due to its excellent condition and wonderful staff

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Naples, Italy
Reviewed June 29, 2009

Stayed here sadly while attending a funeral, so we didn't pay too much attention to the hotel. The room was OK; we requested a king, but because of the US Open, they only had 2 queens. The bed(s) were fine, so no major complaint other than it wasn't a KING room.

Hotel amenities were OK.

2 annoying things:
1. On check-in it was POURING rain and the hotel van was parked under the canopy; it sat there for WAY TOO LONG in my opinion...I understand it serves as a shuttle, taking customers to/from the airport, but I don't care. Once the passengers are dropped off, that van should be moved out of the way so incoming guests can park under the canopy and not get wet. Again, it was POURING and parking was in a LOT not a garage.

2. The waitress at breakfast was ANNOYING! She kept harrassing us about whether or not we were eating "hot" or "cold" from the buffet; and just wouldn't leave us alone...and not in a friendly, "can I get you another cup of coffee?" way, but more in a bothersome, "can I be a pain in your a$$?" way.

I will say the room cost more than I wanted to pay. I think it was $179 + tax, the room wasn't that big, we didn't get the bed we want, blah blah blah.
Bottom line: Over-priced, but an OK hotel. Try to find a better rate on expedia/whatever. I would NOT recommend this hotel for that price, period.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I decided to stay an extra day in Long Island and stopped at this Marriott hotel. I called from the parking lot and was quoted a price. Upon checking in, I was told that there were no king beds available, even though I had just called from the parking lot. I went to my room and was called by the clerk at the front desk. He told me that he had accidentally erased my transaction. I returned to the desk to reregister. When I returned to my room, I noticed uneaten food on my floor and ear plugs. I brought this to the attention of the clerk. When I received my bill in the morning, it was more than the quoted price. I called the front desk and was told they would call me right back. They never did. Upon returning home, I called the Marriott customer service desk. After 25 minutes on the phone, i was rerouted back to the hotel number. The girl there told me that a manager would have to correct my bill. I left a message for Mr. Moran and never received a call back. I also wrote a note to the Marriott chain with no result. Needless to say, I'll never use this chain again after being a customer for Many years.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Qster33
Dallas, TX
Reviewed February 24, 2008

My daughter and I recently completed a stay at the Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport in Ronkonkoma, NY. My daughter is disabled and has a trained service animal; since the Marriott states on its web page it accepts service animals, and has a dedicated telephone number for ADA Special Services, I anticipated no problems. Unfortunately, our stay was less than satisfactory for the following reasons:

Marriott front desk staff told me no dogs were allowed at the hotel when, as a courtesy, I telephoned them the evening prior to our arrival to advise we were traveling with a small service animal. They were not familiar with the term service animal, and were not familiar with the Marriott ADA policy concerning service animals. I believed the matter to be resolved when I spoke with a Marriott ADA Special Service representative who stated they were faxing a copy of the Marriott service animal policy to the hotel.

Upon arrival we were treated rudely as a direct result of traveling with a service animal. A second telephone call was made to a Marriott ADA Special Service representative, who again stated they were faxing a copy of the Marriott service animal policy to the hotel. I anticipated the second fax to address any problem Marriott staff may have with service animals in the hotel. I asked the Marriott front desk staff upon registration, and again the next morning to advise all desk agents that a guest with a service animal was registered in the hotel to prevent future problems. This was not done and subsequently we had Marriott staff rudely and in a very loud and public manner approach my daughter in the lobby telling her to leave the hotel on at least three occasions in less than 12 hours.

The Marriott management staff exhibited multiple overt acts of discrimination by telling my daughter she had to remove the dog from the hotel after she verbally advised them it was a service animal, when the dog's carrier was clearly marked as a working service animal, and when my daughter was wearing on her chest a tag indicating she was using a working service animal.

The Marriott management staff questioned my daughter's disability status and her need for a service dog although she was verbally stating she was disabled, I was stating she was disabled, and she was accompanied by an animal clearly marked as a service animal.

The Marriott management staff, as a requirement for my daughter's service dog to remain in the hotel, unlawfully required for Marriott’s records a copy of information certifying the dog as a service animal, a request expressly stated in Title III 4.2300 of (ADA) as forbidden to ask for or require.

The Marriott management staff, as a requirement for my daughter's service animal to remain in the hotel, copied for their records medical documentation proving my daughter's disability and stating her necessity of a service animal; an unnecessary, unreasonable and unlawful invasion of personal privacy.

The Marriott management staff publicly addressed me in a condescending and rude manner when I attempted to inform them of the American's with Disabilities Act requirements as it applies to service animals.

The Marriott management staff displayed a lack of sensitivity by discussing my daughter's disability needs publically in the hotel lobby, when conference rooms and/or hotel offices were readily available for discussing their concerns in private.

The Marriott management staff said the infrequent use of that particular hotel by service animals negated their need to be aware of laws concerning service animals, and my daughter needed to expect to be continually challenged while on site, and make any personal adjustments necessary to accommodate the Marriott staff's repeated demands to leave the hotel.

I am appalled by the conduct of this hotel and will never again stay or recommend a Marriott to anyone. Additionally, I suggest disabled person to avoid stays at Marriott hotels, as they have not provided proper training to their staff concerning the rights of disabled persons using service animals.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
33 Thank texastraveler1049
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 13, 2008

Exactly what a Courtyard should be:clean and basic. Good value for the area. Great for business travelers, free wi-fi!

Stayed February 2008
New York, NY
Reviewed December 25, 2007

I had a great 2 day stay at this hotel. The staff was fine!! The breakfast on the weekend was great. We were so happy to find out that you can go there any morning and have breakfast its not just for the hotel guest!! Just $10.00!!! My room was great!! I was on the 4th floor. My bed was so comfortable and I love having all those pillows. I definately recommend this hotel to any and everyone!! When I stay next time I'm going to take some time to hang out in the pool. Oh yeah you can't go wrong with this hotel they have a Red Lobsters just a few feet away!!!!

• Liked — Peace and Quiet
  • Disliked — Having to Leave!!!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank what180
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronkonkoma
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia

Been to Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport? Share your experiences!