“Nice, clean with big rooms”

Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
“Nice, clean with big rooms”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Up to Courtyard standards, this hotel has the new lobby/restaurant design. Rooms are nice and big, and exactly what you expect from a Courtyard. With two restaurants next door, this is a very good location close to MacArthur.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank GerardoFoodie
C J, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Hello GerardoFoodie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about the Courtyard by Marriott in Ronkonkoma, NY. We take pride in having spacious and clean rooms along with our newly redesigned lobby. We thank you for being a guest with us and hope to have you back again.

Christopher Johnson
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Prospect, Kentucky
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had 2 rooms for March 17 and March 18, 2014. In one room, the shower didn't have any shelves for soap or bars for towels; in the other, one small shelf in the shower was it and one hook behind the door was the extent of a place to hang towels. The traffic noise form the interstate was audible. Breakfast was not included. A disappointment.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Melanie J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor for the Courtyard by Marriott. I wanted to let you know that last week, a member of the Marriott Corporate Team was here visiting our property and is helping us to add items in our rooms to make them better, including moving and/or adding additional towel racks and hooks in the bathrooms. I wanted to apologize about the breakfast not being complimentary however, the Courtyard brand itself does not offer it. As a reminder, when booking hotel accomodations, its important to make sure the hotel has specific amenities that you are looking for and to check to see if there is cost involved. This should eliminate any dissapointment if you are expecting something and it is not included or available.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. If you are ever in the area again, please contact me directly and I will assist you with your booking.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed in the area for a family wedding. I was impressed by the staff's friendliness. It was well cared for, my niece enjoyed the pool and the breakfast area was adequate. My one complaint was the front desk staff telling me an 11am check out when it was in fact noon. I am not sure if this was due to it being daylight savings weekend, but I would have enjoyed that extra hour of sleep even more due to the hour lost. I will be back to this hotel in the future if I am in need of staying in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ali L,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review the Courtyard by Marriott. At the Courtyard we strive to make sure that your stay is enjoyable and we look forward to your return if you are ever in the area. I apologize about the confusion with the check-out time. I have made sure the staff has been re-trained on the proper times of check-in and out as well all the times for all outlets. If you need assistance with your furure bookings, please feel free to contact me directly.

Hauppauge, New York
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I just wanted to let you know what an amazing experience my family had at the Courtyard Marriott/Long Island Macarthur Airport. Your staff restored my faith in Marriott Hotels after another experience at a different Long Island Marriott had quickly destroyed it.

I am a Marriott Rewards member, as well as a Marriott Visa customer, and I have been for years. I have been using my Marriott Visa card exclusively for years now, and I had a free night certificate that I wanted to use. During the December break this year, we decided to do a quick 'staycation' with our kids. I have a child who has special needs, and being stuck inside for the whole week is difficult for him. We were looking for a Marriott not too far from home that had an indoor pool.

We decided on the Marriott in Holtsville, since it wasn't too far from a small museum we'd hoped to visit the next day. When making my reservation with the Holtsville Marriott, I specifically called them to ask the hours of the pool, and indicated that we were only coming from Hauppauge for a fun night away to swim in the indoor pool. They assured me the pool was open and we made our reservation.

When we arrived there, we checked in, changed, hung out in the room for a bit. When we went down to the pool about an hour later, it was freezing. Not only did the pool not have any heat at all, but neither did the entire room the pool was in! At best, the room was 60 degrees. The pool was colder. My boys could barely put their feet in and everyone was upset. There weren't even chairs or towels in the pool room either. It was cold and icky and our little staycation was about to be ruined. The only reason we came was for my pool loving boys to take a swim.

I had to figure something out, and quickly. I went to the lobby, went online, and called your hotel (twice) to ask very specific questions about the pool. The two people I spoke to were very nice and answered all of my questions. As quickly as we could, we changed, repacked, and headed over to your hotel.

This review could easily be about all of the issues with the other hotel, how they never told us the pool was really not usable, how they wasted our time, how we lost 3 hours of our very short 'staycation,' how disappointed my kids were, or how difficult the whole transition etc was for my son with special needs. But it is not. Instead, this letter is about how AMAZING your staff was, how they turned things around for us, how instead of this being a bad memory for all, it turned in to the coolest overnight trip that they still talk about.

When we arrived at your hotel, I was defintely frazzled and upset, and I'm sure rambling about what happened to us at the other hotel. We had reserved a suite at the other hotel (my son really needs a lot of space, as he is VERY active and struggles in small hotel rooms), we had also lost out on a lot of time, and our other reservation was to include breakfast. I asked if they could upgrade our standard room to anything a little bigger, and they said they'd try. They also kindly gave us a voucher for breakfast, and told me where the dryers were so that I could dry my kids frozen bathing suits. They gave me our keys and up we went.

When we got to our room we were shocked! It was an amazing suite with a full kitchen, space to eat, watch tv, and spread out. My boys were so excited and happy! We dried their suits, bought some dinner at your cafe, and afterwards went in the pool. Which, by the way, was clean, and warm, and had plenty of chairs and towels.

My family had such a fun time, and the mess at the other hotel quickly became a memory of a crazy experience that turned in to something wonderful. Your staff was also kind enough to offer us a 2pm check out, which made up for the time we lost during the part 1 fiasco in Holtsville. My boys were able to swim again after breakfast, which they loved.

I have since highly recommended your hotel to many others. While I did not share our entire story with them, I did say what a great pool you had, great cafe, great staff, and all around wonderful accommodations. Thank you for having such wonderful service at your hotel on December 29, 2013. And although you were not there that day, I know that your role as the manager is behind why the staff and place were running so well.

Although I don't remember the name of the women working that day, if there is a way for you to look up who was there, please send them my sincerest thanks. It is because of them that the Marriott has kept my business, and that I will especially make sure to visit your hotel again in the future.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lumardi
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Lumardi,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for the Courtyard by Marriott at Long Island MacArthur Airport. The staff and I were very excited to see that we had restored your faith in Marriott hotels with your recent weekend family getaway. If there is anything I can do to assist you in future bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Once again we thank you for kind words and look forward to seeing you again.

Sincerrely,
Boyce, VA
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed at this Courtyard for nine nights while traveling for business. Well appointed rooms and a decent fitness area. Easy walk to Red Lobster or Smokey Bones for a drink or quick bite to eat. The staff was always friendly and eager to help. They also did well clearing parking lot and sidewalks from the two snowstorms that hit during my stay. A big shout out to housekeeping -- very nice to return to room after work to find everything clean, fresh, and in order.

Room Tip: Ask for a South facing room. The rooms are fairly sound proof but at times North facing rooms can h...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank boycebrent
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Boycebrent,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard, Long Island. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay even though the weather was less than favorable, and the the staff provided you with excellent service. If you are ever in the area again, please contact me personally to assist you with booking your accomodations. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff.

Massapequa, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel over the past weekend. Went with my little friend specifically to swim in the pool and have a little girl time. The pool was great and the perfect temp. The hot tub was even better. The waitresses in the bistro made us feel so special. They were very attentive and made a great Shirley temple. All the front end staff was very helpful and the room was great. Much larger than expected. I would without a doubt return to this hotel. The beds were so comfortable we stayed in a watched movies all morning. The check out was not until 12:00 so it made it feel like a great mini vacation even if it was just a quick overnight.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Michelle E,
On behalf of the entire staff, we would like to thank youfor writting such a wonderful review about the Courtyard by Marriott in Ronkonkoma, NY. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed yourselfs while taking a little mini vacation. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff and if you are ever in the area again, please stop by to say hello. I would like to thank you in person.

Glen Cove, New York, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2013

there just isn't any real words i can use to express how great the this hotel is-- This particular hotel is my home away from home-- I know the entrie staff by name, and they know me by name. The staff has become the family I am proud to call family!!
Of all the questions I ask them and of all the answers they give me- the best answer came on a holiday weekend--- As I was finishing up my holiday weekend, and heading back to my corner of Long Island, I was left nearly in tears and unable to finish my journey-- when i called the hotel back and asked if they had room for me-- I heard the magic words, "YES, WE HAVE ROOM FOR YOU!" The staff, Brain, Collette, and Alana, went out of the their way to accomodate my last minute stay. I was given tissues, hugs and told i was safe and i didn't need to worry. Brian was kind enough to bring me a cup of tea and sit with me until my room was ready, as did Coletter and Alana sat with me and made me feel so much better. It's hard enough to be alone on a holiday, but this year It took a last minute change to make me realize what family is all about, being there when you need them-- and that't exactly what this staff did for me! They treated me like family-- I am ever so thankful for it!!
you cant put a price on that!! 5 stars does nt do this staff and hotel justice!!!

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room in this hotel!! EVER!! I have slept in just about every room!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Dawn M,
Wanted to say "THANK YOU" to one our favorite guests at the Courtyard for taking the time to write another wonderful review. I'm sure that I will see you when you arrive next time so that I can thank you in person. Have a Happy New Year!!!

Brian and the Entire Staff :)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronkonkoma
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven

Been to Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport? Share your experiences!