“Solid hotel and value for the area”

Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Solid hotel and value for the area”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Clean, large rooms, nice lobby, and dinner options in the parking lot of the hotel which is convenient. Only item...if you have verizon service, the service is VERY spotty in the lobby. Seems fine in the rooms. Otherwise, no issues to mention.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
To Myexperiencematt...,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a responce on TripAdvisor. Our goal is to make sure that everyone has a memorable stay and overall, it looks as though we had succeeded in making this happen for you. We look forward to having you back as our guest and if there is anything I can to assist you in booking your next stay, please call me at the property directly and I will assist you personally.

Brian J. Mauro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night in August. At 9, we went to put our child to bed and found a half smoked joint and rolling papers in the bed. We called the front desk and they moved us to another room. It was a suite. It was late, and out child was confused and tired - so we moved. The front desk also offered us free breakfast at the Starbucks/takeout place in the lobby in the morning.

We did not call the police, but we did ask to speak to the manager in the morning. The asst manager wouldn't even apologize and they didn't take anything off our bill. We wrote to corporate Marriott and the referred us to the manager of this property. We wrote to the manager and he never responded. Luckily, corporate Marriott was following this too - and they forced him to respond to us. We just wanted a refund. We weren't looking for extra compensation...nothing. He said no because we ate the breakfast and moved to another room. That was our compensation. oh, and 5000 marriott points to stay quiet. He said because we moved to the larger room and ate the breakfast in the faux Starbucks - that was it.

I should have called the Suffolk county police at that point and had the hotel investigated because I bet this isn't a one time thing. It is disgusting that they didn't change the bed sheets and that we had to explain this to a young child.

I will NEVER stay in another Marriott or Courtyard. For $169 - Marriott should have just refunded the money. My child got a quick lesson and we stayed in a filthy hotel with staff that isn't doing their job.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pickymom66
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Pickymom66,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We thank you for expressing your concerns with us. We sincerely regret any inconveniences you experienced due to the cleanliness of the accommodations you were given. We do have an ongoing inspection process to continually re-energize and re-inspect our rooms for quality concerns. We apologize this had not been reflected in the room you received. We do feel that an upgrade to our largest suite, breakfast for 5 and 5000 Marriott Reward points were more value than the cost of the room itself. We hope that you will give us a chance in the future to show you what a wonderful property this is. If you do, please contact me personally to assist with the arrangements and I will make sure your stay becomes a special memory.

Brian J. Mauro

To All Reading this Review and responce. As a Hospitality Professional for over 20 years, I have worked in many properties from 3 star to 5 star. Our room attendants and supervisors work extrememly hard as did all the other housekeeping staff members I've worked with in the past. I did a search on TripAdvisor and there are over 100 pages of reviews from NY to California (Covering all Brands - Hilton, Hyatt, Sheraton, and several upscale Vegas Properties) of hotels that have found illegial substances in the rooms. It is hard not to want to judge a property harshly when something like this happens (especially when children are involved) but it did happen here and we accept the responsibility but be assured, we recieve hundreds of surveys a year and our Courtyard is in the top percent of all Courtyards for Overall Satisfaction. We acted and responded swiftly and we did it with a smile!!
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I do a lot of traveling for business, and I'm accustomed to pleasant, though impersonal service, whether at a chain hotel or a luxury resort for vacation. What really surprised me and stuck with me about my stay at the Courtyard in Ronkonkoma was I felt I was getting the service of a luxury resort at a chain hotel.

Every interaction I had with a staff member began and ended with them using my name, they always went over and above to ensure I had what I needed, including shuttle service to work in the morning and from and to transportation on arrival and departure. You can tell whoever is managing this property truly values a personal touch, and it shows.

My only complaint is one that is consistent throughout Courtyards, which is that their food offerings lack vegetarian options.

But this property is far and away the most welcoming of any chain hotel I have stayed at. Felt most welcomed and taken care of, can't say enough good things about it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
To OneNerdyTraveler,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure to share this review with the staff. I will also present this to our Food and Beverage Manager so that we may be able to assist travelers with special dietary needs. If you are ever in the area again and needs assistance, please contact me at the hotel directly and I will personally assist. Again, we thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Ronkonkoma, NY.

Basking Ridge, NJ
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Excellent place to stay Great employees make you feel like home Starbuck's in lobby

Quick service for breakfast and dinner. 2 other restaurants within walking distance

The staff will assist with any problems that might occur Nice and clean Bus transportation to New York City available from the hotel

Room Tip: Great people that make you feel at home. Nice and clean
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Richard B,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful review on TripAdvisor for the Courtyard by Marriott in Ronkonkoma, NY. We are glad your stay was relaxing as well as productive and our F&B selections met your needs. I see you also took advantage of the 7 Bus which is a feature that assists guests going into the City. Just another added benefit in addition to the Long Island Rail Road. We look forward to seeing you in the future and if there is anything I can do to assist with future stays, please call me at the hotel and I will assist you personally.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I am a corporate traveller, and I stayed at this hotel for 13 nights. Brian one of the managers was extremely helpful and kind to me. There was a mix up with my registration and he went out of his way to fix things up and I had an absolutely lovely stay. Front desk folks as well as market / starbucks staff are very helpful and friendly. I will gladly stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Catherine G,
Thank you so much for writing such a wonerful review on TripAdvisor. I was glad to assist in sorting out your reservtion. I hope that if you are ever traveling to this area again, you will call me directly and I will personally assist in helping with your reservations. I will be sure to share your review with the staff. For all reading this review, I just want to inform you we have suites available for long term stays and don't forget to check with our Sales Department about Corporate Rates for National or Local businesses. Thanks again Cathering G.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I usually don't stay in airport hotels but this one I enjoyed. First day I lost credit card and the staff recovered it and called me. I rented a car they picked me up from airport after i dropped it off. The restaurants in vicinity were 2 minute walk. I will definitely stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear M A,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed yourself during your stay and that we were able to accomodate your needs. As you mentioned we have a shuttle to the Airport and Rental Car area as well as the Train Station. Just as a reminder, we operate the shuttle daily from 7am - 10:45pm so make sure to plan accordingly when booking your flight. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Ronkonkoma, NY. If you ever need assistance booking, please call me at the hotel directly.

Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard. The property is quiet and clean, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a Starbucks bistro in the lobby offering breakfast, lunch and dinner. The prices are a little high, but the breakfast we had was hot and fresh. There is a Red Lobster and Smokey Bones in the same parking lot for alternative dining. According to the computer map they have on the wall in the lobby, there didn’t seem to be much else for dining choices in the area. We used the hotel pool and hot tub. Both were very clean and just the right temperature. The hotel is located just off 495 which makes it convenient for travel, but it is quite far away from the wine trail and other tourist areas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Travel02886,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Courtyard by Marriott in Ronkonkona, NY. It looks as though your overall stay was plesent. I hope that when you were looking for restaurants and wine tours, you had come to the front desk. We have a wonderful restaurant list with an assortment of food in the local area. We are also conviently located 5 blocks from the Long Island Rail Road and only 4 Miles to Long Island MacArthur Airport making this an easily accessible destination. Right now is a great time to visit as the holiday season is right aroung the corner. Local fruit stands, orchards and farms are ready with fresh baked goods, apple picking, fresh cider and pumpkin patches. We hope to see you again in the future.

Brian J. Mauro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronkonkoma
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven

Been to Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport? Share your experiences!