“Guest review”

Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Excellent place to stay Great employees make you feel like home Starbuck's in lobby

Quick service for breakfast and dinner. 2 other restaurants within walking distance

The staff will assist with any problems that might occur Nice and clean Bus transportation to New York City available from the hotel

Room Tip: Great people that make you feel at home. Nice and clean
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Richard B,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful review on TripAdvisor for the Courtyard by Marriott in Ronkonkoma, NY. We are glad your stay was relaxing as well as productive and our F&B selections met your needs. I see you also took advantage of the 7 Bus which is a feature that assists guests going into the City. Just another added benefit in addition to the Long Island Rail Road. We look forward to seeing you in the future and if there is anything I can do to assist with future stays, please call me at the hotel and I will assist you personally.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I am a corporate traveller, and I stayed at this hotel for 13 nights. Brian one of the managers was extremely helpful and kind to me. There was a mix up with my registration and he went out of his way to fix things up and I had an absolutely lovely stay. Front desk folks as well as market / starbucks staff are very helpful and friendly. I will gladly stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear Catherine G,
Thank you so much for writing such a wonerful review on TripAdvisor. I was glad to assist in sorting out your reservtion. I hope that if you are ever traveling to this area again, you will call me directly and I will personally assist in helping with your reservations. I will be sure to share your review with the staff. For all reading this review, I just want to inform you we have suites available for long term stays and don't forget to check with our Sales Department about Corporate Rates for National or Local businesses. Thanks again Cathering G.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I usually don't stay in airport hotels but this one I enjoyed. First day I lost credit card and the staff recovered it and called me. I rented a car they picked me up from airport after i dropped it off. The restaurants in vicinity were 2 minute walk. I will definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear M A,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed yourself during your stay and that we were able to accomodate your needs. As you mentioned we have a shuttle to the Airport and Rental Car area as well as the Train Station. Just as a reminder, we operate the shuttle daily from 7am - 10:45pm so make sure to plan accordingly when booking your flight. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Ronkonkoma, NY. If you ever need assistance booking, please call me at the hotel directly.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard. The property is quiet and clean, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a Starbucks bistro in the lobby offering breakfast, lunch and dinner. The prices are a little high, but the breakfast we had was hot and fresh. There is a Red Lobster and Smokey Bones in the same parking lot for alternative dining. According to the computer map they have on the wall in the lobby, there didn’t seem to be much else for dining choices in the area. We used the hotel pool and hot tub. Both were very clean and just the right temperature. The hotel is located just off 495 which makes it convenient for travel, but it is quite far away from the wine trail and other tourist areas.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Travel02886,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Courtyard by Marriott in Ronkonkona, NY. It looks as though your overall stay was plesent. I hope that when you were looking for restaurants and wine tours, you had come to the front desk. We have a wonderful restaurant list with an assortment of food in the local area. We are also conviently located 5 blocks from the Long Island Rail Road and only 4 Miles to Long Island MacArthur Airport making this an easily accessible destination. Right now is a great time to visit as the holiday season is right aroung the corner. Local fruit stands, orchards and farms are ready with fresh baked goods, apple picking, fresh cider and pumpkin patches. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We spent two days at the Marriott at MacArthur Airport. During our stay my wife took ill and needed to go to an Emergency Care Center. The staff at the Marriott could not do enough to assist us. They took my wife and myself to the Emergency Center closes too our Marriott. They then returned when we were finished and picked us up and returned us to the Marriott. Due to her illness we stayed an extra day and then went back to the care center again they delivered us and picked us up.

The concern they had for us, the assistance was great. I have never met a group[ of people who were so interested in helping their guests. I can only recommend this facility to all...it is the best

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Mikkiblum,
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I hope you're both feeling better then when I saw you last. I know how uncomfortable it can be when you feel sick and are so far away from home. It was our pleasure taking care of you and not a problem at all to do some quick shuttles to the medical center and pharmacy. If you are ever up this way again, make sure to stop by or better yet, stay the night. I will make sure to share your review with the staff.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Always well kept, Friendly Staff, Rooms are recentely renovated, Clean Exerior, Great workout room and pool Very Convient location, restaurants and LIE are with in minutes. Airport is close by and you dont hear the aircraft.
Highly recommended

From Jeff P

To Jeff P,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We pride ourselves on giving you a clean, comfortable and productive stay. Thank you for the Tip Advice in your review. Yes, we are only 4 miles from the entrance of the airport but you don't hear any noise from the airport. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel was a very poor experience and not helpful. Room was dirty and hair in bed and the management did nothing Brian is a bad experience and the hotel should show him the door We will never stay here again

Room Tip: stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

To Keith D,
We realize that the only reason that this review is here is because based on our experience with you, we asked you not to return to the hotel. At that time we spoke, you threatened to go on social media to disparage the hotel’s reputation. You have stayed with us a number of times but we were unable to meet your expectations. So when we asked you not to come back to the hotel we were surprised that you demanded to be allowed to come back. Your interactions with our customer care just underscores our decision for you not return. The fact that we are highly ranked with trip advisor gives testimony that we provide excellent service and have outstanding rooms and cleanliness.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronkonkoma
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino

Been to Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport? Share your experiences!