“My choice for an airport hotel”

Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
Chicago, Illinois
“My choice for an airport hotel”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I usually don't stay in airport hotels but this one I enjoyed. First day I lost credit card and the staff recovered it and called me. I rented a car they picked me up from airport after i dropped it off. The restaurants in vicinity were 2 minute walk. I will definitely stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear M A,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed yourself during your stay and that we were able to accomodate your needs. As you mentioned we have a shuttle to the Airport and Rental Car area as well as the Train Station. Just as a reminder, we operate the shuttle daily from 7am - 10:45pm so make sure to plan accordingly when booking your flight. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Ronkonkoma, NY. If you ever need assistance booking, please call me at the hotel directly.

Brian J. Mauro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard. The property is quiet and clean, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a Starbucks bistro in the lobby offering breakfast, lunch and dinner. The prices are a little high, but the breakfast we had was hot and fresh. There is a Red Lobster and Smokey Bones in the same parking lot for alternative dining. According to the computer map they have on the wall in the lobby, there didn’t seem to be much else for dining choices in the area. We used the hotel pool and hot tub. Both were very clean and just the right temperature. The hotel is located just off 495 which makes it convenient for travel, but it is quite far away from the wine trail and other tourist areas.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Travel02886,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Courtyard by Marriott in Ronkonkona, NY. It looks as though your overall stay was plesent. I hope that when you were looking for restaurants and wine tours, you had come to the front desk. We have a wonderful restaurant list with an assortment of food in the local area. We are also conviently located 5 blocks from the Long Island Rail Road and only 4 Miles to Long Island MacArthur Airport making this an easily accessible destination. Right now is a great time to visit as the holiday season is right aroung the corner. Local fruit stands, orchards and farms are ready with fresh baked goods, apple picking, fresh cider and pumpkin patches. We hope to see you again in the future.

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We spent two days at the Marriott at MacArthur Airport. During our stay my wife took ill and needed to go to an Emergency Care Center. The staff at the Marriott could not do enough to assist us. They took my wife and myself to the Emergency Center closes too our Marriott. They then returned when we were finished and picked us up and returned us to the Marriott. Due to her illness we stayed an extra day and then went back to the care center again they delivered us and picked us up.

The concern they had for us, the assistance was great. I have never met a group[ of people who were so interested in helping their guests. I can only recommend this facility to all...it is the best

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Mikkiblum,
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I hope you're both feeling better then when I saw you last. I know how uncomfortable it can be when you feel sick and are so far away from home. It was our pleasure taking care of you and not a problem at all to do some quick shuttles to the medical center and pharmacy. If you are ever up this way again, make sure to stop by or better yet, stay the night. I will make sure to share your review with the staff.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Always well kept, Friendly Staff, Rooms are recentely renovated, Clean Exerior, Great workout room and pool Very Convient location, restaurants and LIE are with in minutes. Airport is close by and you dont hear the aircraft.
Highly recommended

From Jeff P

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
To Jeff P,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We pride ourselves on giving you a clean, comfortable and productive stay. Thank you for the Tip Advice in your review. Yes, we are only 4 miles from the entrance of the airport but you don't hear any noise from the airport. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel was a very poor experience and not helpful. Room was dirty and hair in bed and the management did nothing Brian is a bad experience and the hotel should show him the door We will never stay here again

Room Tip: stay at another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
To Keith D,
We realize that the only reason that this review is here is because based on our experience with you, we asked you not to return to the hotel. At that time we spoke, you threatened to go on social media to disparage the hotel’s reputation. You have stayed with us a number of times but we were unable to meet your expectations. So when we asked you not to come back to the hotel we were surprised that you demanded to be allowed to come back. Your interactions with our customer care just underscores our decision for you not return. The fact that we are highly ranked with trip advisor gives testimony that we provide excellent service and have outstanding rooms and cleanliness.
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stay here regularly for business and it is convenient with two restaurants within walking distance as well as the airport. Downside is no lobby coffee or hot water available except during breakfast hours which means if you are an herbal tea drinker like me means buying tea from the Bistro with their limited selection. Also, airport shuttle hours are limited if you have early morning flight so be prepared for pay for a taxi. Staff is great though and ready to assist as needed. All hotels in the area are expensive by my standards.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lana S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. Overall it looks as though you are happy with our hotel. I just wanted to let you know, our Starbucks is open 24 hours and we would be happy to get you hot water and tea. I just walked over to the Bistro and see that we have about 7 TAZO Starbucks Tea selections. Just let the front desk staff know and we will be happy to assist you. I apologize we do not have the complimentary coffee in the lobby. The popularity of the Starbucks has become very high. Our shuttle schedule runs from 7am to 10:30pm daily and taxi fare for 1 person is $11 (add $1 for each additional person) and $6 to the train station. If there is anything that I can do to make your stay more productive or enjoyable, please contact me directly. See you during your next stay.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed over the weekend to be closer to my girlfriends wedding. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Check in was a breeze. Tbe lovely ladies at the front desk were very accommodating and pleasant.
Room was great, bed firm but comfy. My only complaint- pillows are horrible and had to go several floors below for ice.
But bottom line had a GREAT STAY. Would return again.

• Stayed September 2013
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Love2travel4reel,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for our hotel. Overall I'm glad to see you had a wonderful stay. Also to mention about the pillows, Marriott has a new pillow program out soon that you're going to love. They are jumbo size and very plush so look out for them coming soon to Marriott. Hope to see you soon.

Brian J. Mauro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronkonkoma
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven

Been to Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport? Share your experiences!