“Very nice property”

Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ronkonkoma
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed three days for a conference for work. The property looked really new. I got there late on Sunday night, the bistro there was still open. I ate a sandwich there, it only included chips, but the waitress was nice enough to let me have fries instead. Very nice late night sandwich. It is very convenient because there is a Bones restaurant and Red Lobster in walking distance, so if you just want to walk to dinner you can. The hotel rooms are nice size, with a sofa bed in each room. Free internet, so you can get your work done and stay in touch with your friends and family. The only thing I struggled with was that on the second night the ice dispenser on my floor did not work. Great property. Very close to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank xaviersmom62
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Xaviersmom62,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard by Marriott in Ronkonkoma, NY. We are delighted to see that you had a wonderful stay with us and for someone who is a senior reviewer, with over 27 reviews, to recieve a perfect score is exactly what we like to see. We hope that if you are ever in the area again, you will make sure to make the Courtyard your preferred hotel in Long Island. If there is anything I can do to assist you with future accomodations, please call me personally.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed here for a week while I was in town for work. Very nice Courtyard. Very friendly staff. I did not have problem during my stay at the hotel. Very nice that there was Red Lobster and Smokey Bones in the parking lot that you could walk to and not having to worry about getting out at night once you got settled in your room. If ever back in the area I would make this my preferred hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear deenad,
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott for your recent visit to Long Island. We are so happy to hear that you've enjoyed your visit and would make this your preferred hotel when in the area. Don't forget, besides the Smokey Bones and Red Lobster, we also offer the Bistro for breakfast and dinner. If you are ever in the area again and need assistance, please call me personally. I will make sure to share your review with the staff. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The rooms are very large with a sofa which is nice. Staff is very nice and helpful. The bed is super comfey. The pantry is nice and stocked with many things. Bar area is alright, small area and small selection of liquor. I dont know if it was just my room or all the rooms but my shower got warm at best. I like a nice hot shower in the morning but I was freezing and had to rush out.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brittany P
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Brittany P,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us on TripAdvisor. Overall it looks as though you had a positive stay. I would like to apologize about the issue you had with the warm shower. Our goal is to make sure you are 100% satisfied and I do hope you had a chance to speak to one of our staff members during your stay about the issue. If not, please contact me personally at the hotel. It sounds like an isolated issue as we do keep record of any and all issues that are reported us so we can ensure not to inconvenience future guests. I sincerely hope to see you back and if there is anything I can do to assist you in your lodging needs, please let me know.

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Great place! Red Lobster and a Smokey Bones in the same parking lot. One of the best I've ever stayed at. The kids loved the pool while enjoyed the Hot Tub. Very clean and friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2013
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Fish4Reel,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Ronkonkoma. I see that you are reviewing us from NY, NY. It is amazing that our local community and nearby surrounding areas are deciding to make our hotel a destination property for their "Staycation" (new term for staying at home area on vacation". If you ever want to get away for a quick one or 2 night stay we are definately the place to go. Thank you for mentioning our large rooms and of course our staff. We try to go above and beyond for every guest!! I will make sure to share your comments with them. If you are ever in the area again, please contact me personally for any assistance.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

A last minute decision to stay in a local hotel located near the LIRR due to daughter and friends arriving late from the city went from expecting and needing very little to being so pleasantly surprised by the beautiful rooms and customer service that I can't wait to go back.
From the minute I arrived the front desk was pleasant and helpful. I got to my room and the Queen/queen room was spacious, clean and well organized to accommodate guests.
The best part was the following morning. I went to the hotel Bistro for breakfast expecting just to ward off hunger instead I got a wonderful plate of fresh eggs and perfectly cooked sausage and toast personally delivered by the Chef after the order was unexpectedly delayed.
While eating in one of the kiosks I observed the Manager pleasantly talking to all the staff, keeping things moving and making himself available to guests on a busy Sunday checkout day.
I will definitely plan a weekend getaway to this hotel- they are very well managed and have a great staff!

• Stayed: January 2013
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear MagRow,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor. I will make sure to share your wonderful comments with our staff as I know they love to see them posted on our bulletin board. We look forward to your return to the Courtyard and if there is anything I can do to assist you in your future bookings, please call me personally.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I (long time Marriott reward members) stayed at the Marriott Courtyard from December 21st through December 24th. We traveled from Florida and were visiting family in NY and NJ for the Christmas holiday. We rented one of the one bedroom suites in the hotel. If you are planning on being at this hotel for a long period of time, I suggest the suite it was fantastic! There was plenty of room to have family back to the hotel to visit, share a meal or exchange presents. The room was pristinely clean and housekeeping was very accommodating. Toiletries and linens were plentiful. The bed was super comfortable. The suite was a little pricier (well worth every penny) than a regular room; however we arranged to prepay the room and the accounts manager Cindy Shaw was amazing in helping us make this happen. The location of the hotel was great –centrally located with restaurants around it; Red Lobster & Smokey Bones(which was important because the restaurant in the hotel was not always open). We did not have the opportunity to eat dinner at the restaurant in the hotel but we did have breakfast which was delicious! The staff at the front desk was over all wonderful. My only criticism was that there was one front desk agent (who I will not name) who seemed bothered and annoyed whenever we asked a question or had a request. Otherwise our stay was fantastic and we are looking forward to returning to the Marriott Courtyard the next time we visit LI.

Room Tip: Try a suite, it iis well worth the money!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

To Tim Lori K,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I believe I had a chance to meet up with you at check out and it seemed that you had a great time with us. We look forward to seeing you again next holiday season or sooner. I will make sure to let Cindy know about your mention of her in the review. We also wanted to thank you for the room tip as it is worth every penny for our suites. Our housekeeping staff also works very hard to make sure that you feel papmered from the moment you walk through the door with crisp linens and pleanty of amenities and towels. Again we thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott for your stay.

Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is one of the nicer courtyards I have stayed in They have nice big rooms with elegant furniture. I was worried I would hear the traffic noise of the highway because I am a light sleeper and the room faced the road. No problem never heard a thing. They have a Starbucks and a nice breakfast area. The workout room is also very nice. Really great value for the money.

Room Tip: I had a room next to the elevator. They said it was larger than the others. I never heard the elevat...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Globewalker13
Brian M, Manager at Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

To Globewalker13,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on TripAdvisor. It looks as though your stay with us was positive overall. I see you had a room by the elevator which means you probably stayed in one of our Spa Rooms or even a full suite if it was across the hall. Our recently renovated suites are definately worth it!!! The large jacuzzi tubs and flat screen TV's make it very easy to relax and enjoy your stay. We look forward to your next stay with us and if there is anything I can do, please give me a call at the hotel.

Brian J. Mauro

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ronkonkoma
2 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville

Been to Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport? Share your experiences!