I will admit that in the past I was loyal to Priority Club/Holiday Inn branded hotels because of the points system until a recent stay at the Holiday Inn that is a mile or two away from this Courtyard by Marriott. No more Priority Club for me. I will admit that my FAVORITE hotel nearby would be the Hilton Garden Inn. However, when budget it a concern or they are booked up, I will stay at the Courtyard from now on.
I actually stayed here with a friend about a year ago and then again on a business trip. The hotel is very clean and it was built within the past 5 or so years, so things still seem pretty new. I like the Courtyard by Marriott brand because they have the high standards of the Marriott chain at moderate prices that compete with a Holiday Inn Express.
The best part for me about this hotel is that in the same plaza, within walking distance across the parking lot is Red Lobster and Smokey Bones BBQ. Most hotels in this area have hotel branded restaurants, which are notoriously some of the worst food you could possibly eat. I think I had one of the worst breakfasts I can remember at the Holiday Inn down the road. While I usually do take advantage of local restaurants, sometimes you have to go with the chain and Red Lobster and Smokey Bones are very good. You just walk right across the well lit parking lot and you are there. There is also a Chilies nearby.
The location of the hotel is good because you are pretty close to the airport. Not close enough where you worry about noise from the planes, but close enough where 5 minutes should get you there. The only hotels that are closer to the airport are the Holiday Inn Islip Airport (which I wouldn't stay at again if I lost a bet!) and The Hilton Garden Inn, which is like a Disney Resort compared to most lodging near the airport.
The Marriott is nice and clean and a good place to stay. It is a pretty family oriented hotel and has a lot of rooms, so it would also be easy to book groups there for weddings. The rooms are fairly modern and classy looking. Your typical hotel room. They have nice TVs and all the ammenities you'd expect to find in a non-luxury hotel at around $150 or under. The beds are a little on the firm side, but I am a pillow top mattress lover. Nothing incredibly wrong with the mattress but its not what I'd consider plush. The bedding is comfortable and the rooms are kept clean.
The parking is ample and I feel that it is much safer feeling than a lot of the other hotels which are located in wooded lots. Long Island has a lot of window smash GPS and other items theft at hotels and at this hotel, I would still bring any valuables inside with me ... but I don't get as nervous as other hotels. Same thing with walking through the parking lot to get to the Red Lobster, which closes at 10 p.m.
This hotel is pretty much right off 495 but can be a bit tricky to find if its your first time because when you are coming from the east, you have to get off the exit and then U-Turn and the parking lot comes up quick. They will give you directions to the airports and the malls at the front desk.
Overall, there is nothing wrong with this hotel and I feel for the price, it would be a good bet if you can't get a similar price at the Hilton Garden Inn. The Hampton Inn on Vets Highway is okay as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Long Island Hotel is centrally located between the Long Island Expressway and the MacArthur Airport, offering complimentary airport shuttle service, hotel-wide WiFi, and parking. Our hotel offers large rooms that feature a sleeper sofa, work space with writing desk, a mini fridge and microwave, and plush bedding as well as spacious suites with separate living and sleeping spaces, fully equipped kitchens, whirlpool tubs, and a dining area that is ideal for traveling families or groups. This MacArthur Airport hotel in Long Island offers modern conveniences such as a heated indoor pool, a 24-hour business center, onsite fitness studio, an onsite restaurant and bar, and over 6,000 sq. ft. of flexible event space to host business or social occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Long Island Macarthur Airport Hotel Ronkonkoma
- Courtyard Hotel Ronkonkoma
- Courtyard Ronkonkoma
- Ronkonkoma Marriott
- Ronkonkoma Courtyard