“LOVED Ma ma Mias”

Ranked #6 of 68 Restaurants in Ronkonkoma
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant has a very classy, yet laid back ambiance to it. Whether you come with your family, come for business, come with a friend, or come alone; we are prepared for all, but no matter what, make sure you bring your appetite. Please note: We also have a beautiful VIP room for any of your "private party" needs.
freeport NY
“LOVED Ma ma Mias”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden near MacArthur Airport. Across the street on the south side was Ma ma Mias. We went for an 8PM dinner. It was EXCELLENT!! My wife and I go out often to Italian. This place did everything right.

Drae to try the mussels in a maranara sauce. Oh Man, it was good. Pasta was cooked perfectly each time and all was served looking good, prepared well and of good portion.

I had a Prix Fix for 24. I had mussels, a shrimp and scallop dish and dessert and coffee. GRET VALUE!!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank popsrocks99

Holbrook, NY
“Great Food, Good Service - Recommended!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I come to Mama Mia a lot. It is in the neighborhood of my office and I often go there for lunch and occasionally for dinner with staff or clients. The menu is varied with some unusual dishes. Around lunch time, I often go for their salads. My favorite is the Mandarin Salad. Fresh and served with a delicious house raspberry vinegarette dressing. Sometimes, I order this with grilled shrimp which are fresh and grilled with a nice seasoning. Their sandwiches on focaccia bread are very good as are the daily specials. The soups are huge. One of my associates gets that for lunch sometimes. The regular dinner entrees are also quite good but really too much for lunch. Dinner times, I like their crab meat or salmon with bow tie noodles in a pink sauce. Incredible. One order is two dinners for me. I also go for many of their specials.

The atmosphere is stylish but not overly fancy. At night, they sometimes have entertainment. In my opinion, I find this a distraction as it is too loud. I try to sit far away. Pricing is moderate. Service is generally attentive and friendly. It can get crowded at night but they take and honor reservations. Overall, this place is recommended.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“When they say large portions, they aren't kidding!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us by the locals and they told us the potions are big. That was an under statement. But the food was delicious. I had the clams over linguini and it was perfect. There were 5 of us and we were all very pleased with our selections.

A must visit when in the area.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Tucked away near the Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was staying at the Hilton Garden Inn near Islip Airport, but the kitchen was closed on Sunday. So they directed me to Mama Mia's across the street with a 10% discount. It was ok, not tremendous. Menu selection was typical Italian from baked clams, salads, pasta, chicken, and meat. I felt that the seafood choices were very limited considering we were located very close to the seashore and fresh seafood is abundant. That was very disappointing.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank CarinaJean
Southington, Connecticut, United States
“Great Italian Food and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This restaurant had some great specials. I went there Monday evening and they were very busy so I sat at a high table in the bar area. They were running a pasta special. The food was very good. I went back on Wednesday evening and they had a bottle of wine for 1/2 price special. Again the food was excellent. There was live music and I had a very enjoyable evening. Both visits I found the staff to be attentive. If I am ever working in this area again, I will definitely dine here again.

• Visited August 2012