“If you only stop at one winery, this is the place”

Varick Winery & Vineyard
Ranked #4 of 10 things to do in Romulus
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed Cobblestone Farm Winery. It was so great to have the tastings paired with food. What a difference that can make in the taste of the wine.

Their wines are good and the selection of sauces, mustards, oils, jams, jellies, etc. is excellent.

There are newer reviews for Varick Winery & Vineyard

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The setting is very nice, there are chairs outside the building. The wines are good, there is a nice little store with funny refrigerator magnets and other wine themed items. Definitely worth a stop.

1  Thank JimR55
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was the middle of the week and I was the only one on the road as I wander down Route 89 to Cobblestone Winery. This was my first excursion in this area and I must admit, mighty enjoyable. The 2 young ladies that were working were knowledgable and more than ready to answer my numerous questions. They offered some food tastings along with each wine that enhanced the flavors of the wines nicely. I was traveling by air and so only could purchase what I could drink while staying in the area so I chose a bottle of 2010 Lemberger. This was a new variety for me. On the ladies' suggestion I took a short detour and stopped at an Amish Market and
purchased some dark chocolate (along with some wonderful baked goods) to enjoy with the wine. What a wonderful start to my solo excursion.
P.S. make sure and buy some of Cobblestones pumpkin or cherry spreads, AMAZING!

2  Thank Cmore50
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My friend and I went to the Cherry Festival in June, 2013 and although the cherries were not ready to be picked, we had a nice afternoon sampling wines ( I love the Chardonnay!) and all sorts of dips, crackers, etc. There were several vendors selling their "wares" and a wonderful band playing. I will definitely go back again!

1  Thank Ralphandalice57
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I've been to a large number of the wineries in the Finger Lakes region, and this one is by far one of the best. It's entirely possible to walk out of here with multiple cases of wine. Many wineries in the area have 2-3 wines that they do very well, but Cobblestone has 10-12 that are superb. Well worth the trip.

1  Thank KJ_91810