“Can't wait to come back!”
Review of Balcony View B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Romulus
Balcony View B&B
Ranked #3 of 4 Romulus B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 28, 2012

You Won't Be Disappointed! My husband and I visited the finger lakes for the 2012 Mardi Gras wine trail event. We were late in making lodging accommodations and found this bed and breakfast available. We always look for places to stay that are unique and not your "out of the box" hotel stay with a "warm in the microwave" breakfast. We absolutely loved everything about our experience at Balcony View Bed & Breakfast. The views are amazing, the room was much larger than anticipated, breakfast was healthy and very filling, and most importantly, the owners made us feel right at home! Thank you Tim and Val for your hospitality. Several reviews indicated the concern over the steep slope down to the bed & breakfast. This was not an issue for us, but could be for some. We actually enjoyed that the home was tucked away from the main road and literally right on the lake! If you are looking for a budget friendly place to stay and enjoy a cup of coffee while watching the sun rise over the lake...then this is the place for you. My husband and I are already planning our next visit!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KVG1971

Reviewed November 14, 2011

This is a beautiful place with beautiful views. All the furniture etc are top notch. The bathrooms in particularly are lovely. Each room has its own private balcony. The only downside is that the location is on a steep slope, which was only an issue in the off season when there was ice, and you need to park your car at street level and walk down.

The first time we stayed, I made the reservations and Val asked if there were any food limitations. I mentioned I don't eat eggs, but I would be fine with toast or cereal. She made eggs anyways on the second day, but she had some additional items to put in the tortillas so it was fine.

The second time we stayed for 3 days, my husband made the reservations and apparently he didn't mention I didn't eat eggs. When we came down to breakfast the first morning, which was eggs, I said that I didn't eat them but I'd be fine with toast. She also served yogurt. That was fine. She made eggs again (2 out of 3 days) and served me a small bowl of spinach. Spinach? For breakfast? Really? Spinach along with some yogurt. It just seemed kind of mean to me, like I was being punished.

I was guessing the host had an outside job, and so we offered to come to breakfast early to accomodate her schedule on our last day, but she said that was not necessary. When we sat down for breakfast, she was on the phone and loudly said that she'd just served us, so she'd be leaving in 10 minutes. I guess there was to be no lingering over breakfast! We felt really unwelcome, particularly since we offered to make it earlier. This was my 50th birthday celebration, and it really ended on a down note because of this (and the spinach!).

As long as you don't have any food restrictions, or make any preferences known, this is a wonderful place to stay. Make sure you wear sturdy flat shoes if visiting in the fall/winter season.

Room Tip: All 3 are nice.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HerbsWineBread
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Tim and Val have thought of every detail in their concept of a bed and breakfast. The breathtaking views of the water are incredible. Great thought was given to guests comfort. We will stay here the next time we visit the FingerLakes.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We could not have been happier with this Jewel on Cayuga Lake. Tim and Val were the greatest hosts you could ask for and the B&B itself was beautiful with a waterfront view, your balcony practically hanging out over the water!! The first winery on our list was just a few hundreds of yards away!!!

This was our first B&B, and wanted a small, intimate setting. THIS WAS IT!! No signs, no advertising on the roadways leading to it, your privacy is assured.

My husband and I stayed 2 nights, but could have stayed a month! We will definitely make this our place to stay in the future. If you do not put this Gem on your list of places to stay on Cayuga, you are definitely missing out on an intimate, peaceful experience.
Thank you again Tim and Val for everything. ( Thanks Val for offering up a bottle of the Heart and Hands Riesling , and to Tim, who brews his own beers and was generous enough to break some out for us to enjoy, sitting with us into the night enjoying great conversation and from what my husband says was some of the best homemade brew he has ever tasted!!) We miss ya already.......

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My wife loves Bed and Breakfasts. I have only been to a few, and had some good and bad experiences.

We stayed here to be close to the wine trails and to the parks.

This was by far the most pleasent experience I had at any bed and breakfast. It is situated on the lak and we could sit out on our own private balcony and watch the sun set each evening.

The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was better than anything I could have bought or even amde at home. the owners were friendly and extremely knowledgable about the area.

All in all we will definitely be staying at this location again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cubs23Akron

Been to Balcony View B&B? Share your experiences!