“NEVER STAY HERE”

Best Western Mill River Manor
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My stay was horrible. The handle to my facet was broken had to use tub for everything. The ceiling in the shower was covered in black mold. You hear everything outside, street traffic is very loud. On top of all that there were loud people outside smoking all night stunk up the room. Tired to call the front desk no one responded. In the morning spoke to Nick at the front desk but he was busy on a personal call. Later spoke to the manager Andrew and he was anything but helpful. Will NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Elizabeth W
Alan C, General Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Elizabeth:

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. My staff respond to all guest notifications or problems that arise when notified. We inspect all rooms with Ultraviolet Wands and black lights as mandated by Best Western to make sure our rooms are "Ultra Clean". These goes above and beyond what other hotels may do to make sure their guests receive a spotless room.

Thank you for your concerns and rest assure your comments will help us with the standards we set forth for our staff and service we provide at this hotel.

Alan C.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Mill River Manor

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I enjoyed my stay in Rockville Centre, and a good part of that is due to the staff at Mill River Manor. Immediately upon check in I was greeted by the very friendly desk attendant who immediately got me checked in and also gave me good advice about local restaurants and bars! They had multiple vacancies and I was given a choice of which floor I wanted to stay on which was a nice option.

My room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The shower was AWESOME...great temperature and water pressure. Mini fridge was clean and cold upon arrival. Everything else was standard. Free Wi-Fi which was very usefull. I would only criticize that the heater ran quite loudly, and my phone to the front desk was out of commission...minor problems.

One other concern that is worth noting is that some of the gym machines were in need of maintenance, and the water cooler in the gym area was also not dispensing...as someone who relies on these facilities for my daily workouts, I found this to be frustrating.

They were in the process of updating some of the rooms while I was there, and I came back to my room to find a nice desk as an addition!

The continental breakfast was quite good. Waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, muffins, bagels, cereal, juices, coffee and tea. Also a nice dining area.

Another bonus is that this Best Western is located right next to many decent bars and restaurants, as well as the Long Island Railway Hub, Grocery Store and Pharmacy...pretty much everything one would need within walking distance!

I stayed for 4 nights and they let me check out late my final day due to a late flight. Ask for Linda or Harley at the front desk with any concerns and you will surely be taken care of! It is not frequent that I hold hotels in a higher regard, but I would definitely recommend staying here if you are in Rockville Centre and want quality service and accommodations without breaking your pocketbook.

1  Thank Nick T
Alan C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Wow, what a great review! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Each and every employee works very hard to leave a positive impression on our guests. In addition, our recent improvements to our guest rooms insure that each guest is made to feel comfortable.

Our complimentary hot buffet breakfast is a Best Western standard and sets us a step above our competition.

Lastly, our location is a strong selling point as we are within walking distance of the LIRR train station, along with various shops, restaurants, and nightlife in Rockville Centre.

We hope to have you as a guest again when your travel plans bring you to Long Island!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Location is very good. LIRR gets you into the city 45 mins. Penn sta. The room I had was clean & bed was comfortable. Fridge was on & set good. Only thing missing was a mircowave & when I asked @ check out was told if I asked I could have had one placed in room.Shower worked fine did notice that bathroom door looked old. If you're going to renovate might as well replace old doors too. Breakfast was good OJ was not watered down. Heat & A/C should be on thermostat. This is why I give you this rating.If you try just a little bit harder it could have been very good.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Alan C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Mill River Manor. Our guests seem to enjoy the complimentary hot buffet breakfast each morning. In addition, our guest rooms are constantly being updated in order to make our guests comfortable.

Our biggest compliment will be to have you as a guest again when your travel plans bring you back to Long Island!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Good location if you are traveling in the Rockville Centre and surrounding areas. Nice clean hotel. Nice free breakfast. Good for a quick stop over. Don't forget to go to Croxley's ale house a couple blocks away. Great beer selection and food.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Alan C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

I appreciate your taking the time to write such a nice review on our hotel! Our housekeeping staff works hard to provide clean and comfortable guest rooms. In addition, most guests do enjoy the complimentary hot buffet breakfast included in the room rate.

Finally, you are right about Croxleys Ale House that is within walking distance from the hotel-their beer options are terrific!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Unable to get home during a blizzard, I opted to stay at the Best Western Mill River, Rockville Centre for safety reasons. I found the staff pleasant and helpful, and the room I requested on the top floor was private and quiet. The night was frigid however, and the heat in my room never warmed up enough to take the chill off. Being it was very late, I did not report this to the front desk. In addition, finding parking closer to my room was not possible, causing me to have to walk in the dark and icy conditions to get to in. Despite these issues, I had a nice stay and would consider staying again if the need arises.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Alan C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. The weather in New York has been very challenging this winter! I am happy that we were able to make you comfortable during your stay and look forward to having you return to us during the warm summer months!

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We came to the hotel for The Macabre Faire Film Festival, as Vendors at this Convention. We were given a very good rate, for the area, but due to the extreme cold, this being an outdoor entry hotel made things quite inconvenient. The Convention facilities inside the building were nice, but it seemed that it was two totally separate businesses; the hotel being one and the restaurant being the other, as the had absolutely nothing to do with each other. Coffee pots in the lobby were constantly empty, like they had trouble getting more when they needed it and the Restaurant was closed each day after the completion of breakfast, for private parties, so all food had to be ordered or brought in from outside establishments, and the only ice to be found in the entire facility was in a rolling bin way down in the basement, and with only one working elevator, was very hard to get to. Rooms were nice and clean, for the most part, but were small and cramped for moving around in and the convention room itself always seemed quite cold, like a door was open somewhere, and had to wear a coat all day. Had a good time at Convention none the less.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The staff was under a great deal of pressure with so many flights being canceled and they were GREAT. The hotel was nice, but the staff was great. Yes I would stay there again. Great Value for NYC Easy to get to even though the Air Train was down. not so easy to find a cab in the middle of a snow storm. Breakfast was also very good

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Alan C, General Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Hi Todd:

Thank you for your recent poll of the hotel. It's good to hear that we were able to give excellent service even during the hectic snow storm.

I am glad we were able to help ease the your situation and I hope we can accommodate you again

Once again, thank you

Alan C.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
#1 of 2 in Long Beach
Long Island Marriott
Long Island Marriott
#1 of 1 in Uniondale

Been to Best Western Mill River Manor? Share your experiences!