“Pleasant Surprise”

Best Western Mill River Manor
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Very affordable accomodations for a traveling budget on an expense account. Clean room, wonderful restraunt on site, very friendly staff. I would highly recommend this hotel to any individual for business or pleasure. Located in a wonderful neighborhood and it is close to the beaches

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Alan C, General Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Billy:

I know it is hard to find a place within budget in this day and age that can give exceptional service and standards and I am glad to hear that we were able to do so. No matter how much a guest spends, that guest should always feel welcomed and comfortable wherever they stay.
Thank you for your survey and I hope to see you again soon in the area.

Alan Chan

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!! This is my third stay since september. The staff,Linda, Haley, BJ, Luzo, Shree, Crystal, Ernie, Nick, Alan, Maurice, the housekeeping staff, and everyone else are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are spotless, the breakfast outstanding! Truly the finest hotel I've had the pleasure to stay! I would not stay anywhere else and neither should you!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Martin D

Dear Martin:

Thank you for your recent review on the hotel. I appreciate the fact that you took the time to tell us what you enjoyed about the hotel. From the rooms to the customer service of our staff, we strive to make each guest as comfortable as we can.
Once again thank you for your input and we look forward to seeing you again.
Happy Holidays

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I'd rather pay the extra $20 and get a better experience. When you leave your room, you're outside. Need I say more? There wasn't a table to work on in the room, the exercise gym looked dirty and there was no one in sight to help me figure out anything. Other odds and ends bugged me.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This Best Western was better than I thought it was going to be. The room was very clean and the sheets were soft. We needed to leave at 3:45am so were unable to eat breakfast. When leaving the heater/ac unit on, we could not hear any noise on the street.

Room Tip: Better to ask for a middle room on the hallway so as not to hear the traffic on Sunrise Highway!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Alan C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Mill River Manor. We are pleased that you found your guest room to your satisfaction as the hotel has just undergone a renovation to many areas. In addition, our housekeeping staff works hard to insure that each room is cleaned to the expected Best Western standards.

Our biggest compliment is that we will see you again in the near future!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Outside appearance was inviting and was in prime location, The Long Island RR noise was annoying,The bathroom was dated. The other room upgrades was great. The guess service staff was very professional.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Alan C, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you found our location to be convenient and fulfilled your needs during your stay. In addition, our staff works very hard to insure that each guest has a memorable stay and that all of their needs are met.

We continue to make improvements to the Best Western Mill River Manor and look forward to having you as a guest again in the near future in order to provide you with another superior experience!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I and our 2 kids stayed at this hotel for several months . The manager Andrew Kickey and nick were very nice to us. They went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The staff are extremely nice and are willing to go extra mile to provide our stay like we were at our home.

Andrew Hickey is in deed an assest to Best Western Mill River Manor. His professionalisim and kindness we will never forget and we highly recommond this hotel if you want a nice hotel with a friendly manager like Andrew and Nick to stay in.
Mark and Simin Pocress

Room Tip: look for a nice staff .
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Our staff at the Best Western Mill River Manor works very hard to insure that our guests have a memorable experience and I will share your positive comments with Nick and Andrew.

Our biggest compliment will be to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Pretty average hotel . Had to stay someplace close to Baldwin NY - where my grandparents live. The first night of a 4 night stay the remote stopped working. When the night clerk brought one up as a replacement it didn't work either. I had to go down to the front desk at 1am to get a third remote which didn't quite function all the way (the volume down button didn't work) but was the best out of the 3. I had dinner in the on site restaurant which wasn't bad but I thought it odd my parents and I were the only ones in the restaurant on a Saturday night at 6pm. The continental breakfast was also so so. Everyday was the same thing: scrambled eggs, under -cooked sausage patties, make your own waffle, hard/ dry muffins, and cereal. One morning I just had a banana because I was over the lame breakfast.
I could not hear any noise from the street as I had read in other people's reviews, mostly because my heating/ cooling unit was so loud! I requested a higher up floor but got put on the 2nd floor right in front of the elevator since no king sized rooms were available on any other floors. My trip to NY was due to attending a funeral and I had to pick a hotel within a 2 day window which was located on Sunrise Highway. The price and location were my motivation for choosing this Best Western but if I was going to NY for pleasure would have definitely chosen a better hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank savy-mama97

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. The staff makes every effort to insure that all of our guests needs are met. We are pleased that you found our location to be convenient and suited your needs during your visit to Long Island.
The complimentary hot buffet breakfast choices are part of the Best Western standard and, unlike other hotels that only offer a continental breakfast option, always include an hot egg dish, hot oatmeal, and a make your own waffles option,etc.
We look forward to the opportunity of having you as a guest in the future and will do our best to give you the quality of service that each guest should expect at a Best Western hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
#3 of 4 in Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#2 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Best Western Mill River Manor? Share your experiences!