“Its a dump! Molloy Alumni & Staff stay away!”

Best Western Mill River Manor
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years with Molloy College and I understand with Sandy it was hard to get us in but to not honor our rate is wrong. I think as Molloy staff we have a contract at 99.99 and they refused to honor this rate and charged me almost double which wouldn't be so bad if they had improved hotel BUT IT'S WORSE!!
They did the outside this year thats great but as a guest I can tell you we don't sleep on the floors we sllep in the rooms!. CARPET FILTHY AND SMELLS, FURNITURE RUN DOWN, ELEVATORS SCAREY, I asked to move to a lower floor so I wouldn't have to use it thats how bad the sounds.
Worst part the staff very unprofessional, no-one new why they would not honor the Molloy rate told me to speak to GM. He told me after I left 3 messages they had to make money while they can. I will bring this up to the administrators at Molloy. The place is filthy we should not be sending our students, staff, alumni, faculty, teams or anyone there.

Room Tip: They are all noisy!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank davidsol
Alan C, General Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Good Afternoon:

My apologies that we did not meet your standards this time as we have in the past. We were on track to completely renovate the hotel rooms to finish our renovations of the total hotel. By February 2013, all rooms will be completely renovated including carpeting, furniture, fixtures, wall paper and bathrooms.
I also apologize if we did not honor your Molloy Rate. We honor all our corporate rates and ask that evey guest present identification or proof to obtain that corporate rate. We do not raise our rates due to the events this past month but instead keep our same rates.
I hope you allow us the chance to accommodate you especially when the renovations are complete.

Sincerely

Alan

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My family and I lost our home to Hurricane Sandy. Five days later I was able to get a room at the BW RVC, and it was a godsend for the 3 1/2 weeks we spent there. Yes, the rooms are dated and face the cold outside. But the warmth and understanding of the staff during nearly impossible circumstances made all the difference. We were one of 32 families with tween kids staying at the hotel and our kids played a bit rambunctiously at times (cabin fever after living 4 to a room for weeks on end). The team there was wonderful about it. Breakfast was good (wish they had scrambled eggs rather than the little omelet-y things). It's also the only hotel that's really walking distance to all the shops and restaurants in RVC, so I really recommend it for any extended stays. Once they refresh the rooms, it will be unbeatable. Thank you again LInda, Nick, Alan and the rest!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the stairwells, and the ground floor if you can.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Glodziegirl
Alan C, General Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Glodziegirl:

Thank you for your wonderful reply. We hope we did everything we could to help you in these trying times. Hopefully, your entire holiday season will not be ruined by these events and you continue on the rebuilding.
The hotel is on the verge of complete renovations to the rooms once things get back to normal in our community. And we hope that you will try us again when the rooms are finished and I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Alan

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This discribes my extended stay here at The Best Western Mill River Manor of Rockville Center NY. Immaculate room accomodations, tastefully furnished, professional and competant staff, willing to go the extra mile to service their customers, this accentuates this fine establishment, Completmentary breakfast, king size beds, fridge, microwave, and of course large flat screen tvs are all fully functional, and greatly a[ppreciated. Pool, parking, and much much more. The staff is amazing, even under pressure at 0 vacancy rates, they are cool, confident and very cordial. I will recommend this hotel to antone who appreciates quality and service,

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This place is structurally impossible. Open exterior walkways are totally unsuitable to a cold climate--you open your door that the outside is right there. The only window in the room looks out on the walkway leaving a choice between light and privacy. Clothes bar impinges on the sink area, so you keep backing into your clothes. Third floor elevator call panel was inoperative.

Add to that a weekend-long gathering of costumed pre-Halloween celebrants of the macabre, whooping and hollering between the walkways and the parking lot until after midnight.

This place needs to be closed and demolished.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Neil K
Alan C, General Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Neil:

I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about the structural design of the hotel. I am hoping that my staff provided you with some great customer service to overlook these defaults such as exterior corridors. WE are in the process of renovations to give our hotel a fresher look and hope you can give us another opportunity to show you how we can surpass this obstacle.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Although the room itself is passable, the single window looks out onto the walkway by the door so anyone can look in. (The rooms all open to the outside, motel-style.) This means it's necessary to block all the natural light in order to have privacy and feel safe. The hotel is next to a really busy road and the traffic noise stopped me from sleeping, even with earplugs and the very loud air conditioner switched on to try and cover it up. Not a pleasant experience. I had no say in the choice of this hotel as it was booked as part of a business trip, but I can't recommend it and will certainly avoid coming back.

I feel sorry for the staff, who are friendly and very helpful, because there's nothing they can do about the problems, which are an inherent part of the building's design. Advice to Best Western: demolish the building and start again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Alan C, General Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Mancunius:

I like to thank you for your comments about your stay. Here at the hotel we cannot do anything about the physicality of the building but what we lack there we make up for in customer service. We are currently under renovations to give the hotel a fresh look and hope that we can overlook the surrounding areas and give our guests an enjoyable stay.

We like to welcome you again to the hotel and hope that we can make your next saty a better one.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

It is obvious that this was once owned by someone else b4 Best Western took over the property. The bathrooms are in dire need of a serious update, especially the bathtubs. Twice, my friend stayed here and both times the reservation were messed up. There is 1 central elevator and if ones room is on the other side- be prepared to walk. In general the rooms are quiet,clean and great AC. Lots of stores and good places to eat nearby, most will deliver to your room. A pharmacy is across the road. Moments to transportation and parking is free to guest. The best is the free breakfast, lots more to choose from than a continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Quick access to major roadways and public transportation. The rooms on the north side are a tad larg...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Alan C, General Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Rosie:

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We are in the process of renovating the entire hotel starting with the exteriors and lobby and working our way to the rooms. I know it can be a bit of a walk from one side of the hotel to the other but let us know when the next time you will be visiting us. I will make sure to put you not too far off from the elevators.

I am also glad you enjoyed our complimentary beakfast. Our belief is you cannot start a great day without a great breakfast.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

An older property that needs an update, facelift, refresh of appearance and material goods. Sheets should have been replaced long ago. Not a good value for the money. This was a second choice property as there was a convention, and higher prices for rooms left at our first choice.

Room Tip: Ask for one with new sheets.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Alan C, General Manager at Best Western Mill River Manor, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Kelly:

Thank you for your input. I pologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. I do not know if you realized but the hotel has been going through remodelling of its exteriors and rooms.
I hope you do come back and give us another try once the hotel is complete with its newer look. I am sure you would not be disappointed.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Long Beach Hotel
Long Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Long Beach
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island

Been to Best Western Mill River Manor? Share your experiences!