“Hello? ANYONE THERE?”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Even though there appeared to be enough waitresses, it took 15 minutes to get a server to come over and take a drink order and then another 15 minutes to take a dinner order. Then another 20 minutes for dinner... The place was dirty the servers did not seem to care, the hostess was texting the entire time we were there... the need Gordon Ramsey!

Date of visit: December 2013
Write a reviewReviews (44)

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to this Croxley's after going to Croxley's at other locations, where we always enjoyed their chicken wing specials. This location however was a great disappointment. We started with the boneless chicken wings, which should not be called chicken wings but, Fried Grissel. Also the chicken wings Were bland and had no flavor. We ask for spicy sauce so too add insult to injury, the restaurant charge us an extra dollar for Tabasco sauce In a little cup. We consider Our experience at this restaurant a waste of Our money and a waste of time and we will never come back. So if you're ever near this Croxley's in Rockville center, I suggest you go dumpster diving for food at other restaurants in the surrounding area… I think that you'll find the food to be much better

Date of visit: August 2013
1  Thank Walt G
Reviewed May 17, 2013

While the atmosphere is fun and casual, the food is good enough to label the place "gastropub," and the location is out of the way from huge Manhattan crowds, by biggest pet peeve about this place is their list of rules to get 10 cent wings.

First, depending on the evening you go, the 10 cent rule may not be in effect. If it is, here is a small list of the regulations involved:
1) You must order a minimum of 10 and then in increments of 5 thereafter
2) Only certain days of the week qualify for the deal
3) Every person sitting at your table, regardless of whether they are eating wings, MUST order a minimum of $5 in beverages (either 1 beer (no cheap drinks) or 2 sodas)
4) You must order a minimum of $1 in food
5) You MUST pay gratuity of 20% on the bill (even if the waitress sucked)
6) No doggie bags
7) You have to name your first child "Croxley's"

With the exception of rule # 7 (which I think is next on their Magna Carta of Laws at Croxley's), there are too many rules in place to make this bar palatable. As such, it was only a deal IF everyone was eating wings AND everyone was drinking alcohol. Otherwise, I have decided to avoid this place from now on because often the service was SLOW and I didn't feel that waiter/waitress deserved a 20% tip AND because if I am going alone and I want wings, I don't want to be forced to drink, whether it's beer because I'm driving or soda because I don't want soda.

Croxley's: if you are going to have a deal and bring customers in, don't beat them over the head with them.

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My regular place to be able to relax with my buddies, have some Damn good wings and enjoy a nice selection of beer. It's a bit on the pricey side but it's nice to be able to get away from the Jersey shore high school kids at most other rvc spots.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Crowley Ale recently opened their Smithtown location which is closer to home. I've been going to their Rockville Centre location for years and was curious if their new location would continue to make the best chicken pot pie. They're known for the 80+ specialty beers on tap but I go there for their chicken pot pie which is served in a bread bowl. As I eat the delicious chicken and vegetables you can't help but to eat the bread as it goes down. Great appetizers, beer and a good selection of dinners for a pub.
I was not disappointed with my chicken pot pie. Plan on arriving before 7:30 on a Saturday night for dinner or you will wait for a table. Plenty of sports on multiple tv's visible from all locations. Definitely a nice addition to Smithtown.

Date of visit: January 2013