“3rd time there, won't be back again!”

Croxley Ales Great American
Reserve a Table
Fri, 9/20
8:00 PM
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This was my third or fourth time at Croxleys for all different things, wings, happy hour, etc just down the road from work. I decided to take a group of more than 16 people there to start off the evening for my last day at work, because it had been great before. We sat outside, ordered food, and spent about 5 hours there, with bills totalling more than $700. I was VERY upset when I was told by the bartender "You think 5.00 is a good tip for this 350.00 bill?". The issue was is that she couldn't read my handwriting and it was a 55.00 tip instead. She then got into an argument with another person from my party who tipped cash to the other bartender that was serving and said "nothing tip for this bill". Keep in mind, the other woman with me was a bartender so she knows and said to the bartender here "i tip in cash because I know that credit card deduct". They actually got into an argument. I understand that bartenders and mant other food service workers are over-worked., but even if you got no tip on a bill, what right do you have to have the nerve to yell at a customer, let alone two, and question their amounts. Be lucky we spent $700 at the bar itself. I sound angry because I am. I will NOT be back because of this very very poor unprofessional service that was exhibited. Hire new bartenders and you will see me return!

Date of visit: June 2012
Write a reviewReviews (44)

Reviewed March 22, 2012

can't resist the honey BBQ wings! nuff said :)
full selection of micro beers and friendly staff.

Date of visit: March 2012
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Great beer selection that is always changing. Good pub grub and if you like wings, this is the place.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Wing night great with 10 cent wings and great beers

Reviewed November 21, 2011

My wife and I are regulars at Croxleys for their 10 cent wing nights which have expanded over the years. They really do have great wings and a good variety of foods on the rest of the menu. It is a sports bar that sees its share of families, probably do to their daily specials. The beer list is extensive and a bit expensive but if you're a beer lover you can find what you're looking for here. The wait staff is excellent and seems to thrive on the busy environment. If your going for one of their wing night specials get there before 6pm or expect to wait for a table, which is not the worst thing in the world, having a cold pint at the bar.

Date of visit: November 2011