“Good casual dining”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Background: went on a Friday night for my birthday. No reservations ahead. We walked right in around 6pm and was seated in the side room with a table of 4.

Service: Pretty good. Just the right amount of server attention, however there was another server that was clearly upset about a managerial decision and proceeded to complain and cry about it within earshot. Very unprofessional.

Food: my husband and I ordered the fresh tortolleni which was tasty and a decent sized portion. My mom had an eggplant and chicken dish with HUGE portion and same with my sisters Chicken Parm. Fried calimari appetizer was good as well.

Overall/ would I go back? Yes, the food is good, but I would probably go somewhere a little nicer for a birthday dinner.

There are newer reviews for Blue Moon Restaurant

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Good food at reasonable prices. The pizza is the probably the best bang for your buck. Great place to grab a bite before the movie.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Came here last year for a Christening Party and always wanted to come back to try their regular menu. Had a very good Eggplant Parmigana and they gave me a nice dish of escarole with olive oil and garlic in place of pasta. It was worth the trip back here and would recommend this restaurant if you are in the area.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We recently dined here to celebrate a major birthday. Very over-priced pizza parlor menu. Yes the pizza might be good, but none of the over-priced entrees are. I ordered eggplant parmesan, and it was horrid. The eggplant was sliced so thin it tasted like fried bread crumbs. How can you mess this up? My guests ordered beer from the tap, served warm.
The service was so horrible, I thought I was on one of those "Restaurant Rescue" reality shows. The decor was worn, I was sitting in a booth with the seats all ripped. Maybe at one time, the Blue Moon was a good place, but it now tired and worn, and nobody seems to care. The reason we just didn't walk out was that we were with an infirm person who can't walk far, so we just decided to make the "best of it".

1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed August 6, 2013

In early July, my wife and I visited friends in Rockville Centre Long Island. We went to a local Italian restaurant which at first looked little more than a pizzeria, but once inside we were happy to find it was a full menu type old fashioned Italian Restaurant. It is a transplant from a Manhattan location some years ago. The service was OK and the kids enjoyed Pizza and Pasta. My wife's ,seafood salad was quite good, I had rigatoni with broccoli rabe and sausage and the portion was very big. The pasta itself may have been a bit over cooked as it began breaking up The broccoli rabe was good but the sausage also a bit over done. All in all it was good value with a hearty meal for tor a reasonable price.