“Guilty Pleasure”

Bigelow's New England Fried
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed March 5, 2014

If you want a break from you diet then this is the place. Fried and fried is the order of the day, but delicious. On the upside, portions aren't that big so you save a total heart attack!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

It costs an arm and a leg to eat fried food....food is good but not great. To get two dinners of fried clams they give you a choice of fries or cole slaw. The size of the cole slaw is miniscule, literally the size of a thimble, ridiculous for the price you pay. I resent that and will no longer take out from them.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Not the place to go if you're trying to eat healthy. Fried clams, fish, fries and others. Although it wasn't bad, it wasn't anything special. Place is outdated and feels it could use a refurbish.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

My family and I went into Bigelows for the first time right after Christmas. I had read the reviews and knew that they served mostly fried seafood so it wasn't a big surprise to us but I was surprised at how small it was, 15 seats maybe? I ordered a cup of Manhattan Clam Chowder and I have to say it was the best cup of chowder I have ever had on Long Island. My husband had the New England chowder and proclaimed the same. My son and I also shared the fried strip clams and they were very good and my husband had fish and chips. We sat and talked to the owners for awhile and they were very friendly. This will now be a place we visit when on Long Island. It's not cheap and they do only accept cash, but I will be back for chowder!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

This tiny little circa 1939 clam shack has the best fried clams on the planet. Period. End of discussion. Kiss your diet goodbye and bulk up on statins. Prepare yourself to stare directly down at a small mountain of fried clam strips fit for the gods. Sweet, tender morsels of maritime deliciousness. I drove 2 hours in a monsoon to dine here. Worth it.