All reviews long island continental breakfast room was clean waffle maker waffles mini fridge pleasant stay sunrise highway front desk staff train station lobby jacuzzi danish ny truck proximity jfk
Reviewed May 21, 2013

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
ramadarvc, Public Relations Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Rockville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

A Wyndham traveler
Washingtonville, New York, Usa
Reviewed May 20, 2013

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Revised from my original May 12, 2013 Post.

Do not stay at this hotel. I had been calling there to amend my future reservation, and each time i called this rude Indian, Pakistani/ Indonesian (I Cannot tell) man would shout to the top of his lungs that he cannot help me much, and unless i am booking a suite there isn’t much more that he can do to answer my questions. He was shouting so loud i could hear him without it being on speakerphone. He barely spoke English, more reason for me to question how he was able to there.

He advised me to look on the internet for more details about the hotel, and to see pictures of the hotel. (But from the pictures… they gladly show many images of their lobby, but the pictures of rooms and things are not the best, as far as angles. I suggest they hire a better photographer to take their pictures and show us why we should spend money to come to their hotel). If the internet had not been readily available in my country and I was calling from somewhere far off, and had never been to the United States before, and I went off the first impression… I WOULD NEVER even go to that country after the telephone incident.

Hospitality is a very big thing in my country, and we pride ourselves on our friendliest and our welcoming atmosphere, so to go to some country that is selling accommodations, but cannot provide a welcoming experience to their guest. I DO NOT WANT ANY PARTS IN THAT AT ALL!

Things got really out of hand. When I questioned why he couldn’t answer any of my questions, he got an attitude and went off the deep end. He should be able to answer any questions that a guest may have in regards to their property and the rooms, because he is in reservations and his job is to sell an experience to the guest. If he was busy at the time, he should have said that (But I highly doubt that because this was 8-9 PM in the night.) I really wished I recorded the conversation. He threatened to cancel my reservation more than once in his angry rage, I guess as a way to get rid of me. I told him I would get him fired, and instead of him trying to make the situation better, he told me to go ahead and try because it’s not going to happen, and he wished me the best of luck with getting him fired. If staff can talk to guest/future guest like that and not be at least reprimanded for their disorderly conduct then, something is wrong.

The next morning 5:30 AM my time, before I was going to work I called to speak with the manager. He was not there at the time. I explained what transpired to the clerk on duty, she took my number and said the manager will call once he gets in. She gave me an estimated time that he should arrive, and I was okay with that. She apologized on the behalf of her colleague and said it was not in his character to act that way. I waited until 11:30 my time and called again as I was very upset that I will now have to look for a new hotel and its closer to my travel date so the prices have gone up tremendously. At that time, the manager must have been in a meeting. The lady asked me for my contact information AGAIN… I told her he should already have it, and she still insisted I leave it again. At this point I am furious, because all the calls I am making (LONG DISTANCE) will probably cost as much as a one night stay. I know that this company probably never considered my inconvenience. I then wait until 4 o Clock and no one returns my call, so I call back and state my name and request to speak with the manager. I’m more than sure it’s the same girl that answered before (they cant have that many staff there if the same guy who is taking reservations, is the same one who checks the guest in), and she must have caller I.D at their facility. She asks me the same things, who am I? My reason for speaking with the manager ect). I speak with him and the first word he says is “ HELLO”… Long Pause… As if he is waiting for me to initiate the conversation, but he is well aware of what I am calling about. I explain to him what happened and he apologizes for the issue , but it didn’t even seem genuine. At the time I had called, it was a bad time for me and I had to put him on hold constantly due to my busy line, but obviously if I didn’t call he would have never called me. He claimed that he is unable to call me because my number is an international line. He had a lot of excuses for everything, instead of really trying to resolve my issues. By confirming that I still wanted my reservation, I guess that said that my issues were resolved. He said that I can cancel reservation at any time at no extra charge once I arrive if I find the hotel is not to my liking. That was fine. But to have to be stressed that much over a hotel that I am anticipating on going to, I didn't feel like that was a good option for me. I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing someone could be so nasty on the phone and then when I get there I'm still being treated nasty.

After speaking to a few of my USA friends that I was supposed to be visiting in that same area… They advised me not to stay there, even after speaking to the manager. I shouldn’t have to subject myself to bad hospitality. I will be looking for a new hotel, even if unfortunately I will be paying extra due to the last minute booking.

I wish this hotel all the best in the future.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel was a nightmare!! When going to my room there was a full garbage pail of garbage and a vodka bottle laying on the ground. I have the utmost respect for the Ramada chain but; this hotel will ruin their repetition. My boyfriend and I slept with our clothes on, both were afraid of the unknown. The continental breakfast made me feel as if I stop at a convenience store for last minute bag of chips.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi Sherry, I'm Jillian Weston the marketing director for Ramada RVC. Thank You for you comments. I am so sorry you had a negative experience. Although the garbage was left, I can assure you the sheets and bed is clean. Did you call the front desk and ask to switch your room? I'm sure the person at the front desk would have sincerely apologized, switched your room and possibly offered a discount. We have been working closely with housekeeping recently and we are renovating our rooms this summer. I would love to send you a discount for your next stay. I would personally make sure you are in a beautiful, clean room. What is your e-mail? Mine is RamadaRVCjw@gmail.com you can e-mail it to me or post it here.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was travelling alone visiting friends. I'm not very fussy when it comes to hotels and always look for low price hotels. I don't expect anything fancy. I chose this place because of its price, proximity to where I wanted to be and because it was Ramada, a chain which I had never had an issue with. Turns out this place is more like a motel. Most of the rooms are out back facing a parking lot. Doors open on to the parking lot. Stained carpet, holes in the bedding, a refrigerator that was so loud I had to unplug it to hear TV and to sleep. When I got there the window was open an inch or so. I immediately closed and locked it. The next day I went out, I took all valuables with me just on a gut feeling, and returned to find every draw had been gone through, my suitcase as well and the window was once again open an inch or so.
The second day when I returned the window was still closed but my drawers had been gone through again. When I checked out the following morning I went to the desk, told the clerk I was checking out. He said "okay", turned his head away from and was looking down & away from me at something that must have been important because he could look up to acknowledge me any further. I asked if he wanted my room key, he didn't acknowledge and he would not take it, he was still doing his best to look away. I placed the card in his hand, he never even looked up or said a word and I never looked back as I left the worst hotel I have stayed in.

Room tip: If you must stay here get a second floor room looking at the pool. Has to be safer than the parking lot rooms.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Hi, I'm Jillian Weston the marketing director for Ramada RVC. Thank You for your comments. I sincerely apologize for your experience. The building does look older because it was built in the 1950's and despite inside renovations, we have chosen to keep the vintage look on the outside. I have lived in this community for over 25 years and I can assure you Rockville Centre, NY is an extremely safe area. The homes around the hotel are all residential and owned by middle class families, many of which have young children. As for the condition of the rooms, some are older then others which is why we will be re-renovating this summer. At the time of your stay, we were using bleach to clean the bathroom which left a very strong order. Housekeeping would leave the windows open a little bit in order to air out the smell. Since then we have switched to more environmentally friendly products that have a much more pleasant smell and work just as well. You mentioned your draws had been gone through, which is very surprising to me. Many of our housekeepers have been here for 10, 15, 20 years and are very honest people. I've been here for over two years and in my experience, there has never been an issue with staff members snooping or being dishonest. I am even more surprised that the front desk staff was rude to you! We are a small staff and I know the everyone pretty well, it doesn't sound like anyone who currently works here. I completely understand why you would be upset. I know these things would upset me as well if I were staying at new hotel. I would love to send you a discount for your next stay and personally take care of your reservation to guarantee an excellent experience. What is your e-mail? Mine is RamadaRVCjw@gmail.com you can e-mail it to me or post it here.

Thanks again, Have a great day!