“a great experience...!!!”

Ramada Rockville Centre
Ashburn, Virginia
“a great experience...!!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I've never been to long island before. I was visiting some friends there, they made a reservation for me at this place. As soon as I entered lobby, i figured it out the stay would be wonderful. I'm sure the property was recently renovated everything looked grand and clean. Super cool staff, manager was so helpful. I spent few minutes looking at art in the lobby. The pool looked fantastic, room was super clean, breakfast was yummy. I extended my stay for couple more days. Gym helped to continue my routine. Overall no complaints. I will definitely stay with them again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Great hotel and great location - very clean. 8 of us met here for a bachelorette party in Long Beach . . very accessible for cab rides so no one drinks & drives! Only bad thing there is no elevator, so going up a large flight of stairs w/a heavy suit case was a bit annoying, but other than that, definitely would stay again, if need be!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

NC
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Nice, clean remodeled rooms & lil breakfast in the am..however this hotel is really a motel..all rooms not inside of a building..you just walk right up to your room....did not say that online or else I would have NEVER stayed here single lady...my room was in a dark corner , told them of my concernand they said you will be ok...they should have moved my room regardless because of my fear..bed comfy but i got lil to no sleep because of my fear of someonebeing able to walk right up to my door!!!!!!!!!!! not a good stay for me...will NEVER stay here again!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

3 Thank margiez

Travelers are raving about these Rockville Centre hotels

Australia
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here for one night. The hotel is on a main road but as we had a nice room at the rear of the hotel we didn’t hear any traffic noise. The room was “motel” style so we were able to park right outside the door which was convenient. The room was a good size and very clean with a comfortable king bed. The bathroom had a shower and toilet in it with the sink area (which had lots of room on the vanity) being just outside the bathroom. There was a flat screen TV and a fridge. Breakfast (cereal, muffins, bagels, fruit etc) was included in the price. The only negative comment I could make was the air-conditioner was a bit noisy but apart from that it was a great, clean place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Silver999
New England
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Clean decent rooms. Im not sure what people expect to pay in this area but it seemed comparable to other places in the area. Convienent to jones beach. The pool is small but very clean. Had a good one night stay, im not sure what peoples issue with the parking was but i was able to park my full size truck.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank seanb88
ramadarvc, Front Office Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Seanb88,

Thanks for your kind words! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our rates do compare to surrounding hotels in our area, and being that it is the summer; our peak season of the year, our rates are more on the higher end, opposed to our rates in the winter. We offer truck parking, so our parking lot is significantly large and accommodating, but being that our property sells out during the weekend the parking lot may become pretty crowded, like any other hotel around our area. As you mentioned, we are near Jones Beach, as well as Long Beach, Lido Beach and Point Lookout, all beautiful convenient beaches that are just a 10-15 minute drive away. Long Island is a wonderful place, with beautiful scenery, and we're glad you've made a trip out here. We hope to accommodate you again in the future.

Front Office Manager
monroe ct
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My best friend and I were coming to NY for a wedding of a friend from College and we saw that the Ramada was right down the street and newly renovated so we decided to stay there and we loved it!! When you first walk in the lobby is very nicely done and clean, and the lady at the desk I believe her name was Danielle was very nice and welcoming helped us out with where our room was and gave us a few suggestions on where we can go out and have a few drinks before the wedding. We were surprised on how big the rooms were and how clean, I'm a fanatic I always check all the sheets before I go into bed and everything was good!! We even needed more pillows at like 10:30pm and the gentleman came right up and gave them to us. We woke up early for the wedding went down to the lobby for a nice breakfast spread and left!! All in all we had a great stay!! Very nice and friendly staff, clean rooms, and very affordable!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jess l
ramadarvc, Front Office Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Jesse I,

We appreciate your business here at Ramada Rockville Centre, and more importantly we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We understand the importance of cleanliness, therefore we try to keep our property as sanitary as possible. We hope to accomodate you again in the near future, and once again we appreciate your business.

Front Office Manager
Exton, PA
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Based on the reviews and pictures that were posted, I was shocked when I arrived at the hotel and found its outward appearance to be more of a Motel. Not sure what the folks who did these reviews are used to, but I'm more used to properties in the class of Hampton Inn's...this is not even close, which surprised me because I expected something better in a Ramada. As I mentioned, this is really a glorified MOTEL...I saw a picture with interior hallways in the tripadvisor photos, however, my room, and what appeared to be the overwhelmingly majority of rooms, had motel style access from the parking lot. The room, itself, was OK. Reasonably clean and comfortable. A/C worked fine. Breakfast was OK, but not the type I'm used to from the Hampton Inn's I've stayed at. Again, serviceable, though. For a hundred bucks or so, and knowing up-front that this is really just a motel that's been somewhat updated (more on the inside than the outside) this may satisfy you. However, just be aware that while interior halls may exist, most rooms are not of that type. I even would pass a coin operated washer and dryer when going to my car...I've never stayed at a hotel that had amenities such as this. I can only imagine that such amenities exist at budget motels that I've not stayed at previously. So, in summary, be aware that this is a MOTEL, not a hotel (per my definition of a hotel, anyway) where you'll park in front of your room and enter from a parking lot. For the price I paid (which was a better price with my AARP card, no less) I expected more (especially because my AARP card got me a 20% discount -- full fare would have been absurd for such a motel style property.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for one of the few rooms that have interior hallways (I was told they had "some"...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank PAtraveler01
, Front Office Manager at Ramada Rockville Centre, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear PATraveler01,

I apologize you were under the impression that our Hotel was all interior, as majority of our property is exterior. We are considered a Hotel though, and what sets aside from a Motel is that we offer; suites, continental breakfast, conference room, business center, fitness room, outdoor pool, laundry servies and Wi-Fi, whereas a Motel doesn't offer any amenities such as those. With the upcoming year we are planning on re-doing our courtyard and pool area, to offer a more updated look with extra outdoor seating, to go along with our interior. I'm sorry you feel as though you were over priced, but summer is our peek season, as we do book out regualry, and we are just staying in the same price range as surrounding hotels in our area. Besides the fact that we are an exterior property, you seemed to enjoy your stay otherwise. I hope we can earn your business again in the future, and you can give us another oppurtunity to change your views about our exterior property, being that everything else seemed to go smoothe.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville Centre
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Rockville Centre Inn
Rockville Centre Inn
#3 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Gateway Inn
Gateway Inn
#1 of 1 in Merrick
Long Island Marriott
Long Island Marriott
#1 of 1 in Uniondale

Been to Ramada Rockville Centre? Share your experiences!