“Pub food in a comfy setting”
Review of MacArthur Park Bar

MacArthur Park Bar
Reviewed April 9, 2014

MacArthur's Park has been around a long time and it still puts out good food in a comfy setting. Walk past the bar and head for the dining room. Take a few minutes to browse the menu which offers lots of good selections. I opted for the lobster bisque, which was delish. My hubby got the onion soup and was very happy.
The burgers are good, ($12.95 for the BBQ or Wisconsin Cheddar burger) the salads are excellent (deluxe house salad $7.95 is my fav!) and the service will have you smiling. We like MacArthur Park and have gone there about once a month for the past few months. We always leave satisfied and it's a great place if your are meeting friends. We have tried the chicken tid-bits, which were perfect and the Reuben sandwich, as well. All good, all worth the trip.
They also do a Sunday brunch if that's your thing and there is a separate party room.
My recommendation would be a little brighter make-over to play down all the decorative dark wood and another way to enter the restaurant. I don't like walking past the bar and its patrons to get to the dining room. It's not a big issue, but I would prefer to enter the dining area directly.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

It's not fine dining, but it's darn good dining. And the service is outstanding. The ribs are as good as you will find anywhere; fall off the bone, nicely spiced, moist, delicious. Plentiful. The hamburgers are thick and juicy. The steaks are tender and cooked perfectly. The side dishes are varied and include a wide range of veggies. The soups are rich, tasty and served piping hot. The desserts, such as the warm apple pie a la mode, are outrageous. We were here on a Monday night and ordered from the price fix menu, offering soup or salad, choice of ten entrees, dessert and coffee...all for $17.95. Oh, I forgot about the ice cold frosty beers on tap. Wonderful! This is a restaurant you will like. Period.

1  Thank mayortony