“Fun ladies night out”

Cannon's Blackthorn
Cuisines: Irish
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunrise Highway
Description: Cannon's Blackthorn has continued to be Rockville Centre's favorite Irish-American restaurant, offering delicious, fresh Irish American dishes. Whether you dine in our comfortable dining area or have a drink at the bar you are sure to enjoy our food, drinks and lively atmosphere accompanied by authentic Irish decor.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Excellent cocktails, great food and pleasant staff. I would highly recommend, Great Irish pub atmosphere.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had dinner there recently. I am not sure where to begin as there were so many bad issues.

First when my wife and I sat down at the bar, we were initially served by a very nice younger man, who was very quickly push out by an older gentleman, with dark curly hair. This bartender was only interested in serving the single ladies who he paid all of his attention to. It was actually two for one night and we had to pull him away to make sure we were getting what we came for. the first round poured by the younger bartender was top self liquor, the second round poured by Mr. Playboy was was "well pour" liquor.

Now we move to our table for dinner. please understand the restaurant and bar was about 1/4 full. We order an appetizer and two entrees, they of course are out of the appetizer, so we reorder and it takes forever to get it. While we are waiting we are watching the bar and Mr. Playboy has gone way past the 7PM happy hour ending in serving his favorite three single ladies. Meanwhile some drunk keeps walking to the window next to our table and almost hollering how the weather out side is a F...ed up. I finally notify the waitress who moves him back to the bar. Now we watch Mr. Playboy serve a clearly completely drunk patron another beer and then tell him to move to the other side of the bar. 10 minutes later when he wanders back, beer still in hand and they throw him out. Another 10 minutes goes by and they now throw the man yelling at the weather out.

I live in RVC where this restaurant is and i will never go there again and will always tell this story. A terrible experience who owners really need to look at their operation.

1  Thank Jeff D
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'm afraid I have to revise, all the way downward, my review of Cannon's Blackthorn, after one of the worst Father's Day experiences ever. When our daughter asked where I would like to go I suggested the Blackthorn for the reasons in my first review: traditional Irish breakfast, Irish music and a warm welcome. Though the amateur Irish music "seisun" was there, everything else was a disaster. It took twenty minutes before we even got our drinks (and the bar was empty), and I had to go and ask for bread after a half-hour when my wife was afraid of a reaction due to low blood sugar. We waited an hour and a 45 minutes and still hadn't gotten the Irish breakfast, so we gave up and left. I paid for two rounds of drinks (didn't want to stick our daughter with it) when the right thing to do would have been to say, "no charge." The wait staff blamed the kitchen, but how can you mess up what's supposed to be your specialty? There's no excuse. This one was on poor management. We went across the street to Monaghan's and were served right away. I feel really foolish for giving a glowing review the first time.

2  Thank travelmpq