“Tres Magnifique”
Review of Aperitif

Aperitif
Reserve with OpenTable
Aperitif is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner last Friday evening, my husband and another couple. We decided to order a bunch of small dishes for all of us to share. We had fried calamari, which was nice and tender, escargot, which was delicious, salmon zucchini pancakes were yummy, duck tacos were awesome, lobster Mac and cheese needed more seasoning. Then we ordered 2 entree specials, filet mignon risotto and crabmeat ravioli which were both good. We ordered 4 desserts and had 2 bottles of wine. Our waiter Nel, was very accommodating and lots of fun. The decor is quite charming. We had a great evening.

There are newer reviews for Aperitif

Reviewed May 25, 2013

It's not to easy to find a French restaurant on Long Island, and this one is not really the ,real thing, but the food was excellent and the service was great and very friendly. I had the mussels and I can't stop raving about them. Fantastic food, solid service, and overall just really lovely ambience.If you're looking to take someone to a nice place for dinner I highly recommend this restaurant.

I didn't give it a 5th star because of the prices of their drinks. I felt that for a town lile Rockville Centre, $12.00 for a vocka on the rockswas a bit much..

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Have been here twice in last 6 months. First time, we were a group of 8 and we went with the shared tapas route. Each selection was interesting and tasty. Good selection of wine and drinks. Service was a bit slow the first time, however, it was a packed Saturday night. Filet sliders, duck tacos, fish tacos, grilled calamari, gorgonzola bread all very good. Nice selection of entrees however we have not gone that route as of yet. The second time we went was just the two of us. We had the same great food experience, and this time the waitress was outstanding, personable and helpful in determining quantity, even "selling" us into the pecan pie dessert which was well worth it. Be sure to make reservations if trying for a Saturday night.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Solid place all around and a welcome addition to the RVC dining scene.

I live in California, but return to NY to visit friends and family a couple of times a year and have been dieing to find a good new place that has a scene other than older people who have been dining at the same location for 50 years and pubs that attracts 20 somethings. Aperitif is that place.

Great ambiance, very good selection of small, tapas plates and larger dinner plates, very good wine list (by the glass and bottle), and very good tasting food at reasonable prices. The bar area is a nice place to sit at and meet new people and/or watch a sporting event in a relaxed, adult environment whereas the dining area is more ornate with nice chandeliers and lighting that is reminiscent of a brothel on Boardwalk Empire--but in a very tasteful and classy way.

I ordered the chicken with apple/walnut salad, my mother had the lamb shank, and a friend had an outstanding scallop friccasee dish. I washed my meal down with a Stella Artois draft (before adjourning to the bar for a nice glass of Italian wine) and the desserts were equally impressive--chocolate mousse and a wonderful apple tart with vanilla ice cream.

Will definitely be returning to this place for a casual meal at the bar, full dinner in the dining room, and/or cocktails on my future visits to Long Island without having to take the train into Manhattan to find such a nice place.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Apertif should be commended for its service and food! The menu is great and the quality if excellent. A bit noisy, but still manageable for conversation. Great vino!