“Asian food done tasty, modern”
Review of Wild Ginger

Wild Ginger
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Asian fusion cuisine.
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Huge restaurant with a funky very modern vibe. Food was actually delicious - had an avocado salad (they gave me an entire avocado on that sucker) and sushi, which was well made and not "fishy" at all, typical size to rolls, expect to spend the usual $15 for specialty rolls and $5 for boring rolls. Great looking cooked entrees, hot and sour soup was delicious. We'll be back.

There are newer reviews for Wild Ginger

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Great food, wonderful selection of Asian fusion, but very noisy!

Reviewed January 24, 2012

The restaurant comes off as a bit pricey, initially. However this is a perfect example of you get what you pay for. They have a great selection of south-east Asian dishes as well as traditional Chinese and Japanese. LOVE their Indonesian samba. Lots of vegetables which get grilled to perfection and the meat is always marinated and delicious. My girlfriend gets their sushi a lot and thinks its good stuff.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I recently spent a month in Rockville Centre, Ny and was attracted to this asian restaurant. Being from Seattle, Wa. where there is a wide variety of asian food available and as a lover of asian food, I was eager to give this restaurant a try. I was also skeptical as to what I would find.

The restaurant located on Sunrise Highway and is an attractive modern building. The dining room/bar is a large room broken up by different levels and railings. The lighting was low and restful after a day at work.

I love spicy food and thus was attracted to that portion of the menu. A large part of the menu is devoted to sushi and as I did not try any sushi, someone else will have to speak to those items. The first time there, I had to decide between spicy green beans with pork and Schezwan pepper pork. I settled on the Schezwan pepper dish as I had been looking for a menu item that featured this spice for years and this was the first time I have seen it on a menu. This spice is one that is a distinctive feature of Chinese Schezwan cooking. I asked the waiter how spicy this dish was and he replied that he did not find it very spicy. This information, combined with my observation that ethnic cooking in areas outside of their own communities often tone down the spice for American taste buds, led me to ask for some chili sauce on the side. Along with the main course I ordered a fresh spring roll.

The fresh spring roll came immediately and the main course about when I completed the appetizer. The fresh spring roll was good but not outstanding compared with others I have tried (in restaurants surrounded by large Vietnamese communities). The accompanying sauce was simply "Mae Ploy" a sweet chili sauce out of a bottle.

The surprise was the main course. The Schezwan pork was a fabulous taste treat. It was spicy and I had no need to supplement the heat. Some, not used to this level might find it too hot. The taste of the Schezwan pepper was amazing. The order was large and provided me with lunch the next day. It came with a choice of brown or white rice.

The next time I ate there, I chose the Spicy green beans and found them delicious as well though not the taste treat of the other order. Thus on last time I ate there, I chose the Schezwan pork again.

The diners here were mostly families and couples. The food is asian fusion so it is hard to categorize it as Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, etc. I would encourage others to give it a try.

4  Thank lrswtsn8