“Smooth creamy and delicious - don't miss it!”

Five Pennies Creamery
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Best ice cream on Long Island - they aren't averse to you trying every darned flavor in the case, either

Reviewed April 9, 2012

This ice cream shop is the best ever! The ice cream is homemade and each visit the flavors are different. You never know what to expect, but you can expect each one s fabulous. You can taste the love in each scoop. I tried the cinnamon, which was incredibly creamy with ribbons of sweet cinnamon in each spoonful. Next visit I had the toasted coconut, which brought out everything I love about that shredded wonder....sweet, crunchy goodness! I am not a chocolate lover, but my friends are and they said that every chocolate laced flavor was another joy.
The owner is a doll, who has found his niche in life, by bringing back the ice cream shoppes of his beloved old time Brooklyn. Not sure what flavor you want? He will let you try unlimited flavors until you decide. One night we sampled the mango ice and it was perfect - the right consistency and delciously refreshing.
On Thursdays, the shoppe hosts Cindy, a talented young lady who sings and plays the ukelele and a hot barbershop quartet "Sons of Pitches," who are all Molloy College students and alum. So much good fun!
Go in, get a scoop or three, grab a chair and enjoy the best old fashoned fun this town has to offer! And clap loudly for the boys...(the tenor happens to be my son!)

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I am so glad that we live so close by to the most amazing ice cream in the world! We have discovered it incidentally while looking for a dessert at 10:30 PM and everyone was closed, including this place which had the "Closed" sign on the door, but the owner was still inside, cleaning up and I have opened the door and asked him if he was closed, to which he replied "Come in, I never close if I have customers" and the love affair has begun. We have come here multiple times as a family, and have also bought a dozen pints to be served as a dessert when we had BBQ for 50 people in the summer. I urge anyone who is in the vicinity to visit this place because besides the selection of flavor, you get the friendliest customer service on Earth by the owner who really cares about folks liking his product.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

I've had good ice cream in my time (personal favorite is Graeters) but this place takes the cake (I mean cake batter ice cream). First off, the ice cream is fresh and made on-site unlike all the other places like Baskin Robbins and Carvel...etc. The quality of the ingredients and creativity make for some of the best flavors. We go out of our way to visit them once a week with the kids.

Lastly, I would like to give a big kudos to the owner and his staff. They are some of the nicest people and go out of their way to give samples of the ice cream. This is how a business should be run. Even though they are sandwiched between a Red Mango (Yuck) and Ralph's ices, they are always with customers who keep coming for more.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Home made ice cream that is inventive from wonderful to silly names. Free samples so you don't get something you don't really want. The owner also takes suggestions for future flavors