Tripadvisor
Rockaway Park

“Our go-to place for take out and eat in sushi”

O'Sake Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The people at this family owned business are very nice. The delivery orders are always hot and fresh. When eating there, you have the extras of some lovely tea. Love the hibachi rice, all the rolls and their deluxe box has everything you’d want, adding a bit more for tempura over shumai is usually our choice. Prices are. Reasonable.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed November 2, 2019 via mobile

Been ordering sushi to go from O’Sake for years now & figured they deserve a review on TripAdvisor.

Consistently good and fairly priced, this Rockaway restaurant is one of my favorites. Also, great service & presentation when dining in their establishment.

Located on Beach 116 Street, near the firehouse, not too far from the Rockaway ferry.

Highly recommend!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 5, 2019

Danny and Joyce have made their restaurant our favorite place for fresh and delicious sushi. The dishes are artfully arranged by their skillful sushi chefs.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Consistently good and very friendly service as well as quick deliveries. My family of five have been regulars since it opened. Local family that owns it is VERY nice and accommodating.
Sushi is very good, above average. And some of the specials are very good and creative.
We often each get a sushi roll dinner with three different rolls and soup for $13 each and augment it with one of their special rolls (New years eve roll with multiple fish and multi colored tobiko is a big favorite).
My daughter loves the teriyaki dishes and my sons like the sushi rolls and negamaki. I’m a big spicy salmon and Boston roll fan and both are very good.
Dining in is nice, very clean and airy, with sake options too.
Right across from the subway at Beach 116th street and a municipal parking lot. Also a four minute walk from the beach and boardwalk.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with my family box dinner. Generous portions, very tasty, and great price. While I was there, I noticed they had a busy take out business too. Service was good and friendly, and place clean and comfortable.

Date of visit: October 2017