All reviews fire pit wall street new yorker bagels free shuttle minute walk new york city jacob riis tents were clean body surfing solar shower hosts wade bathhouse minden getaway hammocks
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a great family vacation at Camp Rockaway this summer. The staff was excellent. The location was so convenient to the beach and other areas. And the beds were very comfortable. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I stayed for a weeknight stay this past week as an end of summer getaway. Camp Rockaway was just what we needed. The camp was peaceful and quiet with fantastic access to the beach. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. The campfire and morning coffee were definitely a highlight. I would recommend you bring your own snacks and drinks as the local vendors are inaccessible from 6 pm to 9:30 am. But this just adds to feeling of getting away from it all.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My stay at Camp Rockaway was INCREDIBLE. We rented out the whole campground for a friends and family beach weekend and I am so glad we did. The tents are amazing and so comfortable. The staff is incredibly helpful and friends! Watching the moon rise and hearing the ocean all night is magical! I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a great time at Camp Rockaway. Great accommodations steps from the beach. Very family friendly and super helpful staff. Could not have asked for a better staycation. It really is a unique and fun experience!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my 2nd stay at Camp Rockaway and it was such a amazing stay. I love this place. I also feel so relaxed and the everyone at the Camp is so welcoming! Kent, Sean and James just get the whole relaxed hospitality vibe. They say "love is in the details" and they " get the details". I so look forward to staying each year. Just to relax in a hammock at night and hear the sound of the Atlantic Ocean is priceless. If you are looking for something uniquely cool, look no further.

Date of stay: August 2019
CampRockaway, Public Relations Manager at Camp Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the review! Looking forward to hosting you a THIRD time before the summer is over with :)