“Nice atmosphere, good food”
Review of Decoy

Decoy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at The Decoy while visiting Seneca Lake. The atmosphere was clean, comfortable, and decorated with the duck & decoy theme. The waitress was very nice and the food was good. The prices were average for dinner. I don't know that I'd rave about it, but did think it was a nice place to stop for a meal.

I had crab cakes which were tasty, though I didn't find any real lump crab meat. My husband enjoyed his blackened Mahi Mahi. The salads were fresh and crisp, the fries were quite good, but the mixed vegetables were limp and tasteless. It was a combination of good and not so good, but I'd try it again if I was in the neighborhood.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I were in the Finger Lakes to attend a wedding at a local winery in Dundee, NY. We found reviews of this neat restaurant on the internet and decided to give it a try for dinner.

The location is a little white house. There are actually two little white houses next to each other so make sure you get the one with the restaurant. Everyone was very friendly. The decor is you guessed it... ducks! Everything is nice and clean. The food was outstanding! I had the crab cakes and they were big and flavorful. The portions are very big. They have a little salad bar that makes a nice accompaniment with the meal. Pricing was reasonable.

If you want a different and fun experience, don't hesitate to give this restaurant a try.

1  Thank IL-Snowbirds
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We eat at the Decoy quit often. Their food is to die for and the portions are more than normal. Their bar area may be small but the atmosphere is well worth the lingering. The entire establishment is so welcoming. It certainly shows that the management/ownership respect and care for their workers. Everyone is so polite and welcoming, who wouldn't want to come visit.

I highly suggest anyone in the area of Rock Stream and/or Watkins Glen, NY visit the Decoy. You'll love it!!!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at Golden Knight Inn in Rock Stream. Our inkeeper suggested the Decoy for a good place to eat and it was only 3/10 of a mile up the road from the motel. After being out at wineries all day, we just wanted a simple, good restaurant without a long wait on a Saturday night. We walked right in and were seated and waited on immediately. The four of us all had wonderful meals and the service was good as well. The waitress presented a nice dessert tray, but none of us had room for dessert, although we were tempted. They have a full bar as well. This is not a fancy place, but felt homey and it seemed as though there were many locals in the diner, rather than a tourist trap. Prices were reasonable.

3  Thank CSCfromPA
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Watkins Glen restaurants were crowded on the Saturday in July the 4 of us wanted to visit. We went here instead. No tourists, great food, reasonable prices. It's along Rt. 14 in a house so it's easy to miss but worth visiting unless you like crowds and waiting in lines.