“Absolutley Amazing!! Everything was so nice!”

Paradise Park Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rock Stream
Paradise Park Campground
Horseheads, New York
“Absolutley Amazing!! Everything was so nice!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I've been going to paradise park every year now for about 7 years and i have to say its the best campground ive been to! The bathrooms arent horrible as said in the other reviews...i mean come on! Who goes to a campsite for quality bathrooms! Anyways,the pool and park are so nice. The store has EVERYTHING you need while camping. All the people that are camping there are usually seasonal residants. I rented a cabin there last year and stayed for about 2 weeks, i did use the bathrooms there. They arent 'absolutley horrendous' or 'disgusting'...i mean its not a 5 star bathroom but its not the worst. I actually know the people that clean those bathrooms,they are very good when it comes to cleaning them...They know when people are there they should have a decent place to go. The shower stall doors may be a little short but i guess you do what you gotta do and go. Theres no need to make a big fuss over it! And yes..there are moths in the bathroom. What do you expect? People are going in and out and the doors open and close on a regular basis. Anyways! off the bathroom topic... The park has a huge hill that kids like to play on and they have a maze there! Great for golf carts and bike rides! The pool is amazingly clean! When i was there they had hayrides and movies were playing on Friday (i think) and the ponds were great for fishing! And kids have a blast here! They can be social with other kids and i personally think its a great experience!! :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
11 Thank Lilly O

Solo
Business
United States
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We rented 2 cabins for one night, which were basically 2 sheds with some beds in it, electric outlet and a very small heater/fan (this IS a campground, keep that in mind!). The site was very wooded and pleasant. It seems most of the cliente are seasonal residents. The bathroom and shower facilites are not pleasant at all - no locks on the stall doors, smelly showers, dirty floor, warped sink counters, etc and need to be 100% renovated, which is why I have rated them as poor. One of the seasonal occupants confided that they do not use the facilities at all, and rely on the amenities of their 5th wheel trailer instead. For $5 we had a campfire (thanks to the neighbors again for their help!). Most of the activity sections such as the minature golf, pool, paddle boats and other amenities shut down around 6. I would use this place as a last resort

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank qsman

Travelers are raving about these Rock Stream hotels

Ithaca, New York
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great place to take your family with something to do for everyone. Quiet and secluded in the hills near Seneca lake. Campground owners are more than accomodating. Look forward to every summer. New Childrens playground for the 2013 season.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Jeffrey A
Greene, New York
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We will never return, the bathrooms are filthy, disgusting and horrendous!!! They had a total of 3 bathrooms/showers each of them were ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING...I wouldn't even let my dog take a crap in there! I showered there one night and used the pool to refresh myself to avoid using their showers for the next 2 nights. There were animal droppings underneath the shower bench. They are more concerned about the 5 MPH speed limit than they are cleaning the bathrooms. This might be camping where bugs and cob webs are to be expected and I certainly don't expect them to have white porcelain tubs and toilets, however I do expect half way decent bathrooms to use. On the women's side, the shower doors were so short that people could look right over and one of the doors didn't even have a lock on it! The only thing that seemed to be clean there was the pool, however their pool hours sucked, they closed at 7pm. Good grief this is summer for crying out loud, the pool should be open later the 7pm. Upon our departure, we decided against dumping our grey/black water because of the standing puddle of water covering the cap to the dump station. In order to dump, we would have had to put our hands in the water just to find the cap. I wouldn't recommend this campground to anyone!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Marion B
elmira, ny
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We began camping here three years ago and are still "seasonals"! I especially love that there are lots of nooks you can escape to for solitude, like woodland trails, two fishing ponds, the balcony above the pool, etc The pool is ALWAYS clean. It's heated, too! Yes, as the previous reviews have stated, the bathrooms are not immaculate, but this IS CAMPING!!! If you want shiny toilets, go to a hotel! They have theme weekends and lots of activities for the kids. From wagon rides complete with candy hunts, to Redneck Drive-in Movies, Paradise is the perfect family camping destination!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank beckyspencer
Horseheads
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Well his parkk has been amazing.. my kids loved it they got to meet new people. The cabin was good for my boyfriend and my kids. It waas roomy. The game rooms have some rockin games from back in the day. Every one is nice. The pool is clean at all times. The store has everything that you could need while camping. I think that the hay ride was fun..The bathrooms are kinda dirty. But what camp ground keeps it a 5 star bath room..The location is just beautiful. Its away from everything. So you can get the real camping experenice. I really dont think that there should be cable or internet. If your camping do it the right way. And to top it all of they are pet friendly. Its good to be able to have your pets with you..

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
6 Thank xxmanderz1xx
Delanson, NY
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I booked a cabin at this campsite because my husband and I are not BIG campers but we do like to have a camp fire at night and the "Camp feel" now and then. We have been camping and understand that it's not a hotel.

This place was not bad. The cabins were clean but dated. A fresh coat of paint inside would have done wonders. Also, the table and chairs were extremely old and ripped. The location of the cabin was great! It was right near the pond. Lastly, the cabins were very large compared to others we have stayed at in the past.

Now the horrible part, the bathrooms were disgusting. There was hair all over the ledge above the sinks for days. The attached pictures were taken right after the bathrooms were cleaned. Again, some minor and cheap improvements would make this place much better. The plumbing is all exposed. The toilet paper holder kept falling apart. The 3rd day we were there, they fixed it by duct taping it. It was bad. I never saw any cleaners or workers around. I think this place is mainly for people with campers that have a bathroom because again, besides the bathroom, it was okay.

The dumpster was also overflowing the whole time we were there. It could not have been emptied in weeks because there was garbage coming out the top of 2 dumpters and also, garbage surrounding the dumpsters! YUCK! I tried to get a pic but this guy on a golf cart was always at them so I didn't want him wondering what I was doing.

We did not swim but the pool area was nice. The play area also seemed fine. Oh, the camp store was good too. They had everything you would need. They did have a rummage sale table in the store....a little odd. On that table was an ashtray that was for sale and it still had ashes in it!!!!! That was funny and strange. Oh and they have paddleboats but they are also very old and they have to be rented. I think it was only $4 for a half hour but we couldn't do it because they don't let you take them out after 6 p.m.

Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone who has their own bathroom facilities. If you are going to try a cabin, I suggest bringing a TV. They do have cable in the cabins but no TVs. They aso have wifi, which is nice. I would also bring a mirror so that you would only have to use the bathroom for the toilet and the shower. You could come back to the cabin to do your make up and hair because there is electric.

Lastly, if you are looking to rent a camping cabin in the Finger Lakes region, SNED-ACRES in Ovid is the BEST!! Cabins are new and the bathrooms are clean.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
#1 of 9 in Watkins Glen
The Blackberry Inn B&B
The Blackberry Inn B&B
#1 of 17 in Watkins Glen

Been to Paradise Park Campground? Share your experiences!