“Gita and her B.&B. are THE CATS MEOW!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rock Stream
The Ginger Cat Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Rock Stream B&B and Inns
philadelphia
“Gita and her B.&B. are THE CATS MEOW!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed at The Ginger Cat in August and we had a great time! We went to Farm Sanctuary for our friends wedding, visited the animals and did a few yard sales. Our time at G.C. was full of great company and conversation. Gita is someone I´d hang around with if she lived in Philly. Oh yes, and the food was sooo yummy. I couldn´t stop eating until my tummy was about to burst every morning!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ratchick

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
syracuse, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

A warm welcome by hostess Gita and company quickly eased any doubts of our stay. As this was our first experience staying at a Bed and Breakfast we can only say that it will be a tough challenge for the next. For our short visit we felt very comfortable and the rooms were very nice, exceptionally clean, tidy and with generous amenities(towels, blankets, cake, etc.) Gita is pretty easy going and seems like she would go out of her way to accommodate just about any guest. A pleasant stay we would recommend to anyone of our friends/family.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ritchystyxx
Lansdale, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2009

After staying at the Ginger Cat, regular hotels are ruined for me! I had never stayed at a B&B before, and I was VERY pleasantly surprised. The accomodations were very clean and cozy. The vegan food was EXCELLENT! And Gita was the nicest innkeeper you could ask for. She is very knowledgable about the area and was able to recommend local restaurants and wineries. It was more like staying with a friend than anything else.

I'm a vegetarian, but I don't eat vegan very often. I don't mind eating vegan, but at the Ginger Cat I actually really enjoyed it! Ever since, I've been thinking up excuses to return!

• Liked — The innkeeper--Gita was so warm and welcoming!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank ravyn131
Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2008

My husband surprised me with a visit to the Farm Sanctuary and then a one night stay at The Ginger Cat as part of our honeymoon. It is one of those highlights that I keep telling my friends about.
Our host, Gita, provided everything we could possibly need for a comfortable stay. Our room was immaculate, had a comfortable bed and, waiting for us upon arrival, was a fresh piece of chocolate cake for each of us. Had a great shower in the morning and took a short walk on the grounds before breakfast.
We love cats, so being surrounded by cat stuff and actual cats (kept on her side of the house) was cool. The best part was waking up to a full vegan brunch prepared especially for us and the other guest. It was DELICIOUS and abundant. That's the benefit of staying on the weekend.
I truly look forward to the next time we stay at this B&B.

• Liked — Vegan brunch on weekend mornings.
  • Disliked — Not especially close to downtown and other possible attractions.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rhodeislandvegan
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2008

The outside of the house in unassuming, but the inside has been beautifully renovated. The bedrooms and bathroom are new and clean. Closets are well-stocked with supplies that you may have forgotten to bring. The deck is a great place to watch birds and bunnies and enjoy the cool Upstate New York weather.

So the building is great, but the host is even better. Gita is very friendly and a great conversationalist. Her breakfast is exceptional and she made plenty of it. If a trip to the nearby Farm Sanctuary is part of your visit, she's very knowledgeable about its inner workings as a volunteer.

The cats are a joy to visit and play with, so make sure you spend some time with them if you're not allergic (they are separated from the guest quarters).

I can't recommend this place enough.

• Liked — Great food
  • Disliked — No wi-fi at the time; said to be coming soon
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SoybeanStasher
Maynad, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2008

We really enjoyed our visit to the Ginger Cat Bed and Breakfast. I would recommend it to anyone visiting the Watkins Glen area. It was conveniently located to the town as well as Farm Sanctuary. The rooms were beautiful, clean and cozy. The beds were extremely comfortable and we had a very restful sleep. We really enjoyed visiting all the cats and although Wally was the most friendly they all soon warmed up to us. The food was amazing and would be enjoyed by vegans and non-vegans alike. The grounds and gardens were beautifully kept. There was a large deck on which you could sit and enjoy the view and the wildlife. Gita was a gracious and accomodating hostess. We felt very comfortable and welcomed right away. We look forward to future visits to the Ginger Cat Bed and Breakfast.
Tumeria and Alex

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Eastern Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2008

The Ginger Cat B&B is a wonderful place to stay in the Watkins Glen area. You feel welcome the minute you step in the door. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfasts are tasty, filling and very nutritious. If you love cats you can visit the friendly kitties that live in the host's section of the house. The B&B's namesake, a big orange and white short-hair called Wally, is especially friendly and if you miss your cats at home, he'll provide a real cat-fix! The cats are not allowed in the guest quarters, though, to reduce problems for folks with allergies.

This B&B is also ideal for vegans, and those of us who are neither vegan nor vegetarian certainly get a great introduction to a vegan way of eating.

The bathroom is shared, though only between two rooms.

There is a refreshing absence of bric-a brac in the bedrooms, so you don't have to worry about knocking things over and have places to put your stuff, including a sizable closet.

I stay at B&Bs whenever I can, and this one is one of the best.

• Liked — Everything - and loved the cats.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Muffet37
The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars
The Savannah House Inn
1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn
The Fox and the Grapes Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Ginger Cat Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!