“Best Calamari EVER!”

Bernies Holiday Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bernies Holiday Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Rock Hill
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: American Fish House and Steak House. Fresh local specials every week. Home of the Dodge inn Steak.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner while staying one night at The Sullivan Hotel. All of the food was very good, but the calamari was awesome! I am tempted to drive the 3 hours from home just to sample again.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I'll admit that I had to be convinced to eat at Bernie's since I have such bad memories of what it was years ago. But I had such a great dinner that I actually came back up from Long Island, stayed at The Sullivan and ate at Bernie's again. The food was well prepared and the portions were more than adequate. The staff is super friendly and the food arrived in a timely manner. Yes, the prices are city prices but you do get a very nice salad with your entree. I'll definitely return when I'm in the area again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We went to Bernies a few years ago and had an over priced and terrible experience. We were told that they now have new owners and the food was better. So we decided to give it another try earlier this week. The decor was definitely better and we were hopeful, but it went downhill from there. Service was extremely slow and they kept bringing the wrong dishes, the tables next to us were rolling their eyes in our shared frustration. My fried oyster appetizer finally arrived. It was a messy looking plate, with completely over fried batter - I mention batter only because the oyster was so burnt that it basically disintegrated inside the batter. No self respected chef would ever put that on a plate and serve it. Almost all of the rest of the food was over cooked, from my daughter's "medium" hamburger, to my wife's salmon, to the bake potato on my plate.

When we left, we said good luck to the other tables who smiled understandingly.

If you would like to have this comical experience, go soon. They are not going to stay in business for long.

2  Thank AlexTFLee
Reviewed August 15, 2013

100 bucks for two and we don't drink. We should have!! LOL. Look at the pics they speak volumes. It was so insanely over priced for what you get it wasn't even funny. We had the ravioli and the angus steak. There were 4 small ravioli with 3 small shrimp for 27 dollars. The steak was 28. Again look at the pictures! I ordered it medium well.......It was burnt so bad it was not edible. Dry as a bone and tasteless does not begin to explain how bad it was. On top of that it was less than a half inch thick and I took it home to give to the dog! The salads were swimming in dressing because the salad itself was so old and wilted they tried to cover it up. No butter for the potato....no bread....we had to eat the appitizer by hand becuase we had no utensils. The calimary was 12 bucks for a smaller portion than you get at Olive Garden for half the price and it wasn't as good. The ravioli dinner was so small and the steak obviously inedible we had to go home and eat dinner. I could go on and on. Do yourself a favor and stay as far away from this place as you can. Burn your money it would be less painful than eating at this dump.

3  Thank chris h
Randy R, Manager at Bernies Holiday Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

This steak was ordered Medium Well not medium which is why is was dry. The steak is cut 16 oz by our butcher and are individually wrapped to keep them fresh. I wrote to the customer and offered them a free dinner for two to make up for the problem and to show them that we are not what they think. They refused the offer and were nasty about it as well. My advise to any readers of this review would be to say something when you are at the restaurant if you are unsatisfied in any way. Give the restaurant a chance to make good on it. If they don't fix it, feel free to chastise them anywhere you might want. But give them a chance to remedy the situation.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Fine dining restaurant. Unique dishes, nice portion sizes. Cost a bit more, but worth it. Meat and fish selections. Everyone in party of twelve was satisfied.