“well intentioned”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rock Hill
New Paltz, NY
“well intentioned”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Something about The Sullivan, while new, clean and well designed, feels not quite right. It's as if the hotel were a training ground for future hospitality workers. Well intentioned, but not very competent staff/management. They seem to be trying, but they make many mistakes, for which they are very good at apologizing. You need to have a good sense of humor to fully enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank NewPaltz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
long island, ny
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Visited the area during the summer and rediscovered Bernie's Restaurant in its new and vastly improved form. We toured the property and decided to come back and try a stay at The Sullivan. My sister - in - law and I went back a couple of weeks ago and stayed there for one night and of course, ate at Bernie's. The room was very clean with a good TV and very comfy beds. Checked out the gym which has great equipment. Enjoyed the continental breakfast and spent time chatting with Andy, the manager and the front desk staff. The staff is wonderful - super friendly and so helpful. I totally recommend The Sullivan and Bernie's!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lidofish
East Meadow, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2013

my wife and i were going to the museum at Bethel Woods NY. we went online to check hotels in the area,The Sullivan came highly recommended.Our friends stayed there over the summer and also said the same.For the short stay that we were there, the room was amazing, clean, and especially the mattress,were to our standards.The staff and service was excellent and friendly..We weren't able to eat at the restaurants on at the hotel, due to there were 2 weddings going on. But from what we were told the food was delicious..By the way the breakfast was good especially the bagels, since we come from Long Island they tasted like real bagels.I would like to thank Andy Gottehrer the general manger that was the front desk was very friendly and helpful.My wife and I are looking forward for a return trip real soon.

Room Tip: Any room you get is great, especially the king size bed.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at The Sullivan for the better part of a week while on business in Monticello. Andy, the Manager, and his staff could not be more friendly and helpful.The rooms are bright, clean, and very comfortable. If we could package up Andy, his staff, and The Sullivan to take with us on the road, business travel would be perfect!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in a few dumpy motels upstate when circumstances required (usually attached to visiting Sunday for my kids in summer camp). I was stuck upstate in need of a place to stay and figured I'd check this place out. Jodi at the front desk was terrific, could have been at a boutique hotel in Manhattan. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the water in the shower HOT! I was so impressed that I took some photos to include in my review -

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Cortlandt Manor
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This weekend my fiance and I wanted to go to the Wine festival at Bethel Woods. We found the perfect place to stay minutes from Bethel Woods. The Sullivan is a great place to stay. Clean, comfortable and friendly is the only way to describe it. I am in the hotel business and know what to look for in a hotel. Andy the General Manager and his staff are first rate and go out of their way to make sure your stay is perfect. Our room was clean, nicely furnished and very comfortable. There are not many restaurants in the area so we tried the two that are next door. Both " Crust" and "Bernies" were execellent choices. Crust is more casual than Bernies but both were execellent. I am already looking forward to my next stay at The Sullivan. The nights we stayed they were hosting an event in their ballroom and as I peeked in everything looked beautiful and I was jealous of the guests attending the event as it looked great.

Room Tip: I stayed in room # 9, it was quiet and away from the ballroom. It had a king size bed and jacuzzi tu...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I've stayed in Monticello several times over the last 10 years for business. The Best Western for $150/night is usually the best bet...and that is barely decent. Over the summer, I took my wife to a concert at Bethel Woods. We stayed at the Sullivan for 2 nights. The hotel was newly renovated and very clean. It had a modern vibe...service was excellent. I especially liked the billiard table with in a room decorated with old pinball table glass. We had a great time. My favorite part of the hotel is actually the restaurant. Bernie's Holiday Restaurant, despite the misleading name, is hands down the best in the area. The bar is great. Contemporary vibe and amazing food. The house special steak-(forget the name), was UNBELIEVABLE! One of the best filet mignons I've ever tasted. We had such a great stay. I'm already trying to plan another getaway there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
#1 of 9 in Middletown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Middletown

Been to Ramada Rock Hill at Sullivan Center? Share your experiences!