“Romance getaway.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rock Hill
ny
“Romance getaway.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

So me and wife got this as a night get away from kids. Went here dinner at bhg and to the casino. Very well surprised by the hotel. Nothing over the top nice quite place near 17. Got upgraded to roam win jacuzzi which is alway nice both ways tub and upgrades. If hotel read this I will come back next year if you do same valentines day package 100%. If you can work out to have a package with bhg all the time do it. I have pics of room. Sorry it was after we messed it up a bit. If your a couple looking for a place to stay. Stay here.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Liberty, New York
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife, son, daughter-in-law, friends & I celebrated New Years Eve at, The Sullivan hotel. Although there was a mix up as to the time of the event, and was an issue. The Horderves were pretty good, but the dinner entrées were somewhat of a disappointment. The Hotel was renovated and they did a good job, our room was nice, but not remarkable. Overall I would come back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Newton, New Jersey
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I got the King Suite with "jacuzzi"

Pros: Beautiful area, though not where the hotel is. Comfortable mattress, quiet, close to Holiday Mountain, nice linens, a muted modern style is better than a generic Holiday Inn, but not much better in the rooms, though the lobby and ball room look good like the website. There were fruits (spotted bananas) and bagels and danish in the grab and go "continental breakfast". It's like right off highway 17, you can see it from the road, which makes it more like a motel than a destination spot, hence the price. Nice TV w HBOs.

Cons: It was freezing in the room, and the heat didnt get to or above 70 degrees for more than 2 hours, though we turned the heat all the way up-- it was blowing luke warm air, so we called for help and they walked over one extra linen blanket (there were no extras in the room, only one sheet and a comforter). The "jacuzzi" is actually just a normal tub with jets which is nice but is only for one person and is like your shower/tub combo at home-- not for romance. The alarm went off at 5:30am--I didn't set it-- no kidding, and this was on New Years Day, when you totally don't want to wake up early. The restaurants were both closed before 9, so we had to eat at Outback at the very nice Wallkill location not to far away. Not worth a trip out for itself. Two sugar packets and coffee pot in the room--four cups of coffee, do the math: doesn't work.

Room Tip: Room 32 is nice cause it is removed on all sides from "others", however we felt jipped by...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife, my parents and I stayed at the Sullivan for a wedding and we remain ecstatic about The Sullivan and its staff!

It is a very easy drive to a local WalMart and the Monticello bus station if needed.

Room Tip: Double Queen Junior Suite rooms are perfect for two couples.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Westchester, New York
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and i were recent guests at The Sullivan to attend a wedding. Due to hurricane Sandy we, and our dog, were homeless. At the last minute we called to ask if we could bring our dog. The hotel couldn't have been more helpful. They allowed our dog to join us and made sure in so many other ways that we were comfortable. Even our housekeeper asked if there was anything more she could do for us. The whole weekend was so relaxing and enjoyable that we had a temporary respite from the stress of the storm. I think The Sullivan is a great getaway less than 2 hours from New York.

Room Tip: There can be a lot of stairs to climb for the rooms at the back. If you are "stair challenged&q...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed at The Sullivan for the gay wedding of some very dear friends (first one I've ever attended) and I have to say I don't know how the accommodations could've been any better. The room was first rate, but truth be told, I didn't spend that much time there and when I was, I was asleep. What an amazing venue for a wedding of any denomination! The hotel has been around for years but it has been remodeled into a posh, boutique-style accommodations. From the upscale dining available next door to the modern amenities at every turn, The Sullivan is an ideal escape from NYC (or in my case, the DC area). My only regret is that I just stayed for a single night. I would definitely recommend this lovely retreat for anyone looking to have a relaxing weekend or to just "get away from it all."

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MarkNYC64
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I attended a wedding at the Sullivan. It was originally going to be just my wife and I but I ended up having to take my kids and dog at the last minute. The staff was great at making sure we got a pet-friendly room and had a baby sitter for us. They also got our room ready for a very early check-in. Big clean room with a great bathroom. We had a great rehersal dinner at the restaurant next door (Bernie's) and the wedding and reception were beautiful. Its in a pretty area and a short drive to Woodburry Commons. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012
Hampton Inn Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
#1 of 9 in Middletown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Middletown

Been to Ramada Rock Hill at Sullivan Center? Share your experiences!