Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel is very good. There is a kitchen in each room. Great service, but the problem is that don't have coffee break. But I would come back if I need. The bed is veeeeeery big. People who works there tries to help you in everything. But you need to have a car, because everything is far away in Rochester and taxis are very expensive.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so glad that you liked your room, especially the kitchen, and our staff. As for the coffee break bar and hotel transportation, while we do not currently offer these amenities, we will keep them in mind as we continue to make improvements to our offerings in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

After a fire loss at my home the American Red Cross was generous enough to provide temporary housing for me and my family at Extended Stay of America. It took 2 days for my insurance company to provide an advance on my insurance claim, and due to the processing time for the check to clear I was unable to pay for additional time until 1 day after checkout time. The manager was unwilling to provide even a couple hours extension to allow me to find finding to stay or work with the red cross. The manager refused to meet with me to discuss the situation and find a solution.

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

I am very sorry to read about the loss of your home, but glad that we were able to work with the American Red Cross to provide you with temporary housing. Unfortunately, as with any guest, our company policy dictates that we cannot extend a stay without payment in full. It was with great sadness that we were unable to assist due to the insurance company not issuing payment quickly enough; however, it was great to see how the American Red Cross was able to provide you with the needed funds.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at grc @extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I recieved great front desk service from Matthew and Camille. Very helpful with my request. Made the stay much more enjoyable. Easy parking near my room (rm 138) Easy check-in Check out. Booked the hotel through Priceline and got their best rate. Would definately stay their agian. Their Columbian Coffee that was served with their free breakfast was nice and strong too!

1  Thank Darren H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Darren - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our coffee from our newest feature, the grab-and-go breakfast. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed the location of your room. I will be sure to share your comments with Matthew and Camille and the rest of our staff.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My stay at this Hotel has put me off every other hotel out there. Where ever I go, I will be staying in an extended stay America. They offer the home away from home feel and boy, they nailed it. The staff talked with me like friends. The whole place was very clean; room, bathroom, hallways, stairwells and elevator. The beds were comfortable. The free Wi-Fi was great, right along with the little computer desk/station in the room. The crowning jewel to this stay was undoubtedly the kitchenette with a full size refrigerator and freezer. I made breakfast in my room, both mornings I was there, and it was heaven. I liked that maid service was optional, which meant that when I returned to my room after being out for the day, it was EXACTLY how I had left it. And did I mention that the Staff were amazing?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for posting such an amazing review. I am proud of our team for making a difference and giving an experience instead of just a hotel. I can not wait to tell them. You gave me goose bumps as I know they are going to be so excited to see that what they do each and every day truly makes a difference! Thank you again. The staff and I are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at the Greece Homewood Suites 22-24 August for a JMHS high school reunion. I grew up on Ridge Road less than a mile from the hotel so it was where I wanted to be for nostalgic reasons. It was great ..... and the room was clean, quiet and very reasonably priced. About 10-15 of my high school classmates (class of 1958 - we're old) stayed there as well and most seemed satisfied. There were some problems, mostly centered around administration at the front desk - some confusion in registrations and room assignments, dates, etc. Camille, the current manager, is very friendly and eager to help. However, she really needs to work on processes for the front desk. It might be the software used to track reservations and if so the corporate organization needs to work on it. With that improvement it could turn into a 5 star moderately priced facility and maintain its position as the number one recommended hotel at reasonable rates!! Keep trucking Camille and work out those wrinkles!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you had a great time at your reunion. Memories to last a lifetime. Thank you for sharing those memories with me (Camille) and my team. You brought a warmth to our hearts. We enjoyed your visit thoroughly. Thank you for sharing about the reservation process. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team and corporate office. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to continue improving upon the services we offer. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family stayed for three nights at this hotel, and had a very pleasant stay. The rooms were very clean, and well furnished. The beds were VERY comfortable, and the location is quiet, peaceful, and clean. It's very close to great dining, and the staff is very personable and friendly. If there's anything I would improve on it was the breakfast offered (pretty much individually packaged oatmeal, breakfast bars, and muffins. Also some fresh fruit). The coffee was great, though!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Wes - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and found the bed to be comfortable. As well, it is great to read that you liked our location as well as our friendly staff. I will share your compliments with the team. They love to hear what they do truly makes a difference.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Extended Stay, Greece, NY was a very good experience! I would stay here over and over again. The room was neat and clean. The bathroom was neat and clean. The television worked properly. There were plenty of electrical outlets. The bed was big and comfortable. The sheets were clean...no crumbs or funk. The kitchenette was great. Location was superb!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple