“Great front desk service”

Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece
Ranked #27 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Glendora, California
“Great front desk service”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I recieved great front desk service from Matthew and Camille. Very helpful with my request. Made the stay much more enjoyable. Easy parking near my room (rm 138) Easy check-in Check out. Booked the hotel through Priceline and got their best rate. Would definately stay their agian. Their Columbian Coffee that was served with their free breakfast was nice and strong too!

1 Thank Darren H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Darren - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our coffee from our newest feature, the grab-and-go breakfast. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed the location of your room. I will be sure to share your comments with Matthew and Camille and the rest of our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My stay at this Hotel has put me off every other hotel out there. Where ever I go, I will be staying in an extended stay America. They offer the home away from home feel and boy, they nailed it. The staff talked with me like friends. The whole place was very clean; room, bathroom, hallways, stairwells and elevator. The beds were comfortable. The free Wi-Fi was great, right along with the little computer desk/station in the room. The crowning jewel to this stay was undoubtedly the kitchenette with a full size refrigerator and freezer. I made breakfast in my room, both mornings I was there, and it was heaven. I liked that maid service was optional, which meant that when I returned to my room after being out for the day, it was EXACTLY how I had left it. And did I mention that the Staff were amazing?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for posting such an amazing review. I am proud of our team for making a difference and giving an experience instead of just a hotel. I can not wait to tell them. You gave me goose bumps as I know they are going to be so excited to see that what they do each and every day truly makes a difference! Thank you again. The staff and I are looking forward to your next visit!
Sand Diego, CA
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at the Greece Homewood Suites 22-24 August for a JMHS high school reunion. I grew up on Ridge Road less than a mile from the hotel so it was where I wanted to be for nostalgic reasons. It was great ..... and the room was clean, quiet and very reasonably priced. About 10-15 of my high school classmates (class of 1958 - we're old) stayed there as well and most seemed satisfied. There were some problems, mostly centered around administration at the front desk - some confusion in registrations and room assignments, dates, etc. Camille, the current manager, is very friendly and eager to help. However, she really needs to work on processes for the front desk. It might be the software used to track reservations and if so the corporate organization needs to work on it. With that improvement it could turn into a 5 star moderately priced facility and maintain its position as the number one recommended hotel at reasonable rates!! Keep trucking Camille and work out those wrinkles!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you had a great time at your reunion. Memories to last a lifetime. Thank you for sharing those memories with me (Camille) and my team. You brought a warmth to our hearts. We enjoyed your visit thoroughly. Thank you for sharing about the reservation process. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team and corporate office. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to continue improving upon the services we offer. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family stayed for three nights at this hotel, and had a very pleasant stay. The rooms were very clean, and well furnished. The beds were VERY comfortable, and the location is quiet, peaceful, and clean. It's very close to great dining, and the staff is very personable and friendly. If there's anything I would improve on it was the breakfast offered (pretty much individually packaged oatmeal, breakfast bars, and muffins. Also some fresh fruit). The coffee was great, though!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Wes - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and found the bed to be comfortable. As well, it is great to read that you liked our location as well as our friendly staff. I will share your compliments with the team. They love to hear what they do truly makes a difference.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Extended Stay, Greece, NY was a very good experience! I would stay here over and over again. The room was neat and clean. The bathroom was neat and clean. The television worked properly. There were plenty of electrical outlets. The bed was big and comfortable. The sheets were clean...no crumbs or funk. The kitchenette was great. Location was superb!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is clean, comfortable, with a full kitchen, and management anxious to create a good impression after the air conditioner problem.

The location is near Rochester. We were not there to see the sights, but to see friends and family.

We were there one night. The room was clean. There was a kitchen with a two-burner stove, a microwave, and full-size refrigerator. There was a table for meals. We had enough space that friends could visit for coffee on the morning of check-out.

The hotel is somewhat hard to find and needs better signage. Turn off the highway at Starbucks, then left just past the Starbucks, and when you see an Entrance sign, that's not it. The next one, past the veterinary clinic.

The only problem was the air conditioner drain clogged, so that the carpet by the window and one side of the bed became soaked. The management apologized and, without us asking, gave us a coupon good for a free night in any of the Extended Stay hotels. I have been staying in hotels for many decades (I am retired) and never had a management do this.
In spite of the air conditioner, we have a very positive view of the hotel and plan to stay there again on our trip to the area next summer.

Room Tip: We like the first floor for the convenience to our car.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Niagara Falls, NY
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I needed something quick and this served its purpose. It wasn't fabulous but it was far from a dump. The room was clean, bed comfortable, full size refrigerator, microwave and stove available. Overall it was a decent room. Building was pretty quiet. Staff was pleasant.

Room Tip: There's only 1 elevator in the building. If you're not a stair climber, you might want to a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Christy - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and that you enjoyed having a kitchen at your disposal. As well, it is great to read that our staff provided you with such excellent service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Comfort Inn West
Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece
Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece
Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Quality Inn Rochester Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece? Share your experiences!