“Superb Customer Service”

Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Springfield, MO
“Superb Customer Service”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I arrived at this hotel thinking that I had a reservation. I did not. I was concerned that perhaps my reservation was somewhere else and I did not want to get stuck paying for 2 rooms. The lady at the desk went above and beyond to help me out. She started calling all the hotels in the area to see if I had a reservation there. It was very impressive. I ended up staying at this hotel and am so glad I did!

The location is amazing if you are flying in or out of the hotel. I basically had to walk across the street and catch my plane in the morning. It is also just feet from the rental car parking lot.

Breakfast was awesome, including hot eggs, breakfast meat, and waffles. It started at 4am, which was great for my early flight.

Rooms were modern and clean.

Great hotel! I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Christine N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
northeast US
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

It was assigned team hotel but I'm a Marriott member so I figured it wouldn't be bad. First it is right on airport grounds so before of after flight, this will work, easily unless squeamish about seeing planes fly by your windows. The room was fairly clean, staff was nice, no one on the team had any complaints like the previous poster, housekeeping was quick to give plenty of extra towels for the kid's showers and tried to clean when we were out of the room because they knew people would nap or do homework. Front desk had map to rinks upon check in and local eating establishments. Can't comment on breakfast as we usually bring things since game time often overlaps breakfast serving. In passing it looked like usual food choices. Overall satisfied with only a few minor issues to be addressed: heating/cooling system is loud, lack of outlets, had less than other Fairfields so I assumed the age of hotel? although I could have called desk for new desk lamp since that didn't have the 2 extra outlets it should have working in lamp base, but still lacking, and the bathroom needs a really good once over. It was clean to a glance, but little things like the doorstop needed wiped or replaced, it was partly grungy, and small area between tub and shower needed heavy wiping, and where where the sticker had been pulled from toilet base, it yellowed and it first I thought it was dirty and gross. Should have been razored/widgeted off... Someone needs to just go through in one day to check AND FIX the little things. Otherwise I would still stay again if necessary, beds clean and comfy, nice shower flow and hot water and except for heating/cooling, it was quiet., decent TV and nice staff. kid's extra showers, and tried to clean the rooms according to tourney schedule. At front des

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank eastcoastgirlforever
Murray, Utah
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Fairfield Marriott in Rochester, NY, is very convenient because it is located right on airport property. It is clean and the employees are friendly and helpful. I especially appreciated the on-site complementary Continental breakfast.

The room was okay; functional and clean, but fairly small. The bathroom door barely clears the toilet when you open the door.

Overall, it was a good experience with the best thing being the close location to the airport.

Room Tip: Select a room away from the elevator, if possible, for less noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Colorsdo springs
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Stains on everything. Changed rooms twice. Disgusting dripping stains down the bed skirts. Stains all over comforter. Couldn't even sleep bc I was so scared of what I was sleeping in. Absolutely disgusting in every way.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Fellen85
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 14, 2013

After a late arrival into Rochester, the convenience of this hotel's location was welcome--it's on the grounds of the airport, so all you have to do is cross the street in front of the arrivals door, and you're there!

We had a very nice stay. The hotel isn't anything fancy, but for a good night's rest near the airport, it was just fine. The hotel is small, so navigation is easy. Check-in was smooth. The room had a comfortable bed (with a softer mattress than some other Fairfield properties and nice linens), a small chair, and a decent desk. The bathroom was clean. The hotel appeared to have been renovated fairly recently; decor was modern and up-to-date. My only complaint in the room was the lack of plugs--the two outlets in the desk lamp were not reliable and plugging things in elsewhere required diving behind dressers, etc. and unplugging stuff.

Breakfast was nothing fancy--some cereal, some grapes, breads, juice, etc. There were a few sandwiches you could heat-up in the microwave. Coffee was watery! But, it was free, and the area was well-kempt with a nice staff member.

Overall, nothing fancy, but a perfectly suitable place for a quick sleep after a late arrival at the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Located inside the airport grounds. I have never seen a Fairfield as the main airport hotel. But it's nice. Easy to get into, the staff at the front desk was attractive, tentative and efficient. Hotel was nicely updated and all utilities were in good working order. Definitely no complaints here except the rate was a little high - $160. Not awful considering it was in an airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Redwood City, California
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My father-in-law reserved my husband and I room here for our wedding night in early August 2012, considering we had over an hour drive and a early (5:45am) flight to Orlando for our honey moon. We arrived just a couple of minutes after midnight, after cleanup from the wedding, going through/packing gifts so we could take them on the plane, etc, etc. Upon arrival we were promptly told that our room had been given up to another guest, ALTHOUGH our reservation had been made months in advance of our supposed stay. It took the girl at the desk around 45 minutes to locate another room and we ended up in a huge suite at another local hotel which was valued at about $450 a night because it was the only room left in the city that was available. We got about 3 hours of sleep after getting there. I know for a fact that my father-in-law has since spoken to the hotel, but I hope that describing what happened to us could possibly help another guest in the future that wants to stay at a hotel so CONVENIENTLY located near the hotel to possibly make their decision to stay elsewhere. This is honestly, out of any issue I have ever had with a hotel stay, the most horrible situation that has ever occurred.

Everyone looks forward to their wedding night and for us, we'll always remember having to chase down our friend that had just driven away from dropping us off, asking him to wait, having to find a taxi service in the middle of the night for the following morning since we ended up having to go to downtown Rochester (this hotel reimbursed us!), being totally exhausted for the first couple days of our honeymoon, and the ridiculous fact that we spent about 3 hours in the nicest hotel suite of our lives after every other aforementioned snafu here. It's okay though because these events have LONG since passed, however, the only thing anyone was reimbursed for was the taxi ride. Horrible situation, barely rectified.

Room Tip: Be careful making a reservation here... might want to call if you're checking in late to make su...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple