“And you can't even hear the planes!”

Fairfield Inn Rochester Airport
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed May 11, 2008

Our girl's hockey team stayed here during a hockey tournament. They gave us a wonderful group rate. The hotel was very clean and smelled fresh. The group rates manager was so helpful and even puts out a newsletter for sports teams who stay there. Parking was great and getting out of the hotel was easy. Getting to it was kind of a pain since you have to drive thru the airport access roads. I'm a light sleeper and never heard any airplanes. The beds were comfy and rooms were nicely decorated. It's a great place to stay. We really enjoyed it and will stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2007

Reviewed December 25, 2007

The hotel was nice and clean. I had no problems with check in or check out. This is a great place to stay before your flight, but nothing is around the area as it is at the airport. I would highly recommend this hotel as they have free internet, you can't hear the planes landing, and the convenience of being close to the terminal (can walk to, no need for a car).

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed October 26, 2007

This was a very nice, clean & comfortable hotel which is why I would have stayed longer although we were on the 9th day of college tours so I say that somewhat jokingly. However, we were only there for the purpose of getting on a very early flight the next morning which this hotel allows one to do easily. It is literally a short walk over to the check-in (if you have wheeling luggage, no problem). We also needed to drop off a rental car so we arrived around dinner time, went & had dinner (saved a cab ride), came back to the hotel/airport terminal, was able to drop the car & then walk back to the hotel. All VERY convenient. They had a very nice breakfast. The only negative is that we were on the 3rd floor & apparently we must have been beneath the air conditioning/heating unit because the noise was quite unbelievable. At first I thought it might be planes or construction but I'm almost positive it was the air conditioner. Just avoid the 3rd floor. Otherwise, very nice, clean & the beds were SUPERB!

Stayed: October 2007
4  Thank red728
Reviewed August 7, 2007

I was extremely impressed with this hotel. The lobby, pool, and rooms were extremely clean and the staff was very helpful. Being that the hotel was on the airport grounds, I was worried that we would be bothered by airplane noise, but we couldn't hear the planes at all. The beds were the most comfortable hotels beds I've ever slept in and the continental breakfast was fantastic. The hotel is also very close to the major freeways in Rochester. I wasn't even using the airport and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank lmjgoblue
Reviewed June 23, 2007

We flew into Rochester at midnight, and instead of making a sleepy two-hour drive to our final destination, we stayed at the Fairfield Inn. First great thing: The hotel is a SHORT walk from the airport. We didn't have to get our rental car until the next day. Second great thing: excellent pool for kids. Those of you traveling with kids know how key that is. Third great thing: free breakfast (yeah, the eggs and cooked foods looked a little yukky, but excellent selection of bagels, cereals, muffins, fruit, etc.) The staff was friendly, helpful and mellow, the rooms were clean and nice. The only downside: no restaurant/food in the evening, but we made do with some Easy Macs and other stuff the hotel had for sale.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank hankstamper
Reviewed May 19, 2007

Stayed here before we had an early flight the next morning. They have a reasonable park/stay/fly option. The hotel is nice, clean, comfortable. It is right on airport grounds. I dont know if I would recommend it for non-airport users since it is on airport grounds. Also....it is kind of tricky to actually get to the hotel (you can see it, but tough to figure out how to get to it).

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ELMny
Reviewed May 18, 2007

I haven't stayed at a Fairfield Inn in years. Normally stay at higher end hotels in the Marriott chain. I stayed here for the convenient location. Initially I was a little apprehensive due to it being right at the airport but gave it a try. I normally do not sleep well at any hotel but wow - this was quite possibly the quietest hotel I have ever stayed at. They not only soundproofed the ceilings but also the walls to block out the noise from the airplanes. Because of that, I heard no noise from other guests unless it was outside my door. Add blackout drapes and I got a great nights sleep. The room was very clean, not at all small, bed was super comfy, staff very friendly and accommodating. All in all, a VERY pleasant surprise. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo